Shots for Tots failure

Started by Bande, Jun 24, 2022, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

dogwalker

I'd say that depends on what side you are on and what is claimed to have failed. 
     If you're an anti-vaxxer, it's a success.....fewer kids getting it. 
     If you're pro-vaccine then it's a "failure" but only in terms of numbers of parents that will have their children take it which I hear may be something like 20% compared to about 70% of adults that have got the vaccine.  Kids do not die from COVID as frequently and many are burned out from COVID so many parents are not inspired to have their kids get it.  However that's on the parents not the vaccine.   
     As for the vaccine itself, the clinical results indicate the pediatric vaccine works just as well and is just as safe as it is in adults.  So that's not a failure of the vaccine.

Bande

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 25, 2022, 07:09 AMI'd say that depends on what side you are on and what is claimed to have failed. 
     If you're an anti-vaxxer, it's a success.....fewer kids getting it. 
     If you're pro-vaccine then it's a "failure" but only in terms of numbers of parents that will have their children take it which I hear may be something like 20% compared to about 70% of adults that have got the vaccine.  Kids do not die from COVID as frequently and many are burned out from COVID so many parents are not inspired to have their kids get it.  However that's on the parents not the vaccine.   
     As for the vaccine itself, the clinical results indicate the pediatric vaccine works just as well and is just as safe as it is in adults.  So that's not a failure of the vaccine.

In actuality the vaccine was rushed through without the typical releases. Therefore no TRUE clinical results due to being rushed.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Jun 26, 2022, 03:59 PMIn actuality the vaccine was rushed through without the typical releases. Therefore no TRUE clinical results due to being rushed.

As someone who has been in a clinical trial for a vaccine for the last 2 years whether or not you believe it was tested enough before it certainly has been now so an opinion based on data two years ago is invalid.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 26, 2022, 08:55 PMAs someone who has been in a clinical trial for a vaccine for the last 2 years whether or not you believe it was tested enough before it certainly has been now so an opinion based on data two years ago is invalid.

You said yourself the trail you are in the results have not been published.  However, the technology that created the vaccine that is being used had been in development and testing long before Covid arrived. It is why it was so important to obtain the Covid virus RNA information so the vaccine could be refined and specific for covid.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 09:23 PMYou said yourself the trail you are in the results have not been published.  However, the technology that created the vaccine that is being used had been in development and testing long before Covid arrived. It is why it was so important to obtain the Covid virus RNA information so the vaccine could be refined and specific for covid.

No I said they weren't released to the public. I said that MONTHLY they were released to the FDA. You know, the people Bande was complaining didn't get test results to be "properly tested"

The FDA on the other hand has released numbers based on what they are collecting from all of the trials that are going on. Again, that is exactly what happens normally. There are not releases that are announced to the public as they are giving the numbers to the FDA. They give the information to the FDA, the FDA aggregates and analyze it and then they report what the results are.

Hobby

The problem with the data death collection is there is a wide net cast that anyone who tested positive for covid at the time of death no matter what the cause of death was or is reported covid related. I don't fault them for this as it probably is necessary to learn more about the virus and hopefully they will revise the numbers to deaths as being not due to covid infection....

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 10:59 PMThe problem with the data death collection is there is a wide net cast that anyone who tested positive for covid at the time of death no matter what the cause of death was or is reported covid related. I don't fault them for this as it probably is necessary to learn more about the virus and hopefully they will revise the numbers to deaths as being not due to covid infection....

They collect it the same as they did with AIDS/HIV death data. Almost all the deaths from that were attributable to other things as it didn't tend to kill itself, but let other bugs/infections do the dirty deeds. COVID is the same, it weakens the respiratory system to the point opportunistic infections/Pulmonary collapse/related conditions finish off the patient.

Does that mean that HIV/AIDS were not responsible? No, and testing for the virus' viral load in the body at time of admission/death came to mean that while the cause of death was say pneumonia, the root cause was HIV, thus was noted COD: HIV (Pneumonia) and the same is applicable of COVID.

Hobby

A person could have been killed in a traffic accident and had covid the death would be attributed to covid. That is how far the net has become.