January 6th Hearings – Thread Continued

Started by HighStepper, Jun 29, 2022, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jun 29, 2022, 05:51 PMI hear nothing but theories and hear say.. None of which would have the time of day in the court of law.
Trump has gotten away with so much misconduct and criminality over the past five years precisely because it hasn't reached a courtroom. And that's only because he couldn't be charged with a crime while president.

Well, he's not president anymore, and there is plenty of evidence to charge him. The only question is whether the DOJ will think it prudent to do so.

Hobby

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jun 29, 2022, 05:51 PMYou are delusional my friend to think they would verify. They have a agenda and these lies fit in.
What was stated is all hear say. People involved have came forward and stated all not true.
Where is all these BOMBSHELLS? I hear nothing but theories and hear say.. None of which would have the time of day in the court of law.

QUICK RECAP:
  • The majority of the people testifying are lifelong conservative Republicans that voted for Trump.
  • 90% of the testimony from Ms. Hutchinson was about what she personally observed.
  • What Trump did in the car we don' know. We only know what she was TOLD. It supports Trump wanted to be with the "protestors." This has significance to knowledge and intent.
  • This is a hearing not a court proceeding different rules of evidence.
  • Some of us actually saw the hearings live and unfiltered. So, not dependent on bias shock jock opinions.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

"You are delusional my friend to think they would verify. They have an agenda and these lies fit in."

The only people that are delusional are the ones that believe Trump lost the election because it was rigged and Trump did not incite the Jan 6 insurrection... both are the biggest lies I know of in American history. What really pisses me off about Jan 6 is it happened and should not have. Now finger pointing... Trump trying to discredit the witness and cover his sorry butt... Trump did it he owns it!

Bande

bats

That video is pretty funny, Bande. I mean, McCarthy is one of the most partisan liars in the history of politics appearing on one of the most partisan networks. And what's he doing? He's issuing the usual partisan attacks on the Democrats to try to damage the credibility of the strongest witness so far to appear before the Jan. 6 committee.

He knows he can't attack the woman because she's credible and sympathetic. So he's flinging all kinds of extraneous shit up against the wall in the hope that some of it will stick.

McCarthy is a shameless POS.

HighStepper

Feckless Kevin McCarthy danced around the response to Hutchinson's testimony. He said he saw it on twitter and other places. Hearsay would not be allowed in a court of law. Wow, look at the brain on Kevin.

As stated above the committee was fully aware and stated what Trump did in the car we don' know. We only know what she was TOLD.

We previously discussed the failings and lies of Kevin McCarthy https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=5509]

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Jul 02, 2022, 10:37 PMFeckless Kevin McCarthy danced around the response to Hutchinson's testimony. He said he saw it on twitter and other places. Hearsay would not be allowed in a court of law. Wow, look at the brain on Kevin.

As stated above the committee was fully aware and stated what Trump did in the car we don' know. We only know what she was TOLD.

We previously discussed the failings and lies of Kevin McCarthy https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=5509]
Apparently, Hutchinson's statements about what she heard Trump say would not be hearsay and could be admitted as evidence in a criminal case against him.

That's because the rules of evidence provide that statements by a "party opponent" are not hearsay. Here, the party opponent in the case would be Trump.

IANAL, so I'm not sure whether this applies to the things Hutchinson was told by the Secret Service guys, but it most certainly would apply to the things she heard from Trump herself. And those statements are arguably more damning than what the Secret Service dudes told her.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1541872696857862146

HighStepper

That is an interesting analysis. Certainly one needs to have more legal training than the "Law & Order" TV show, lol.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Jul 02, 2022, 11:37 PMThat is an interesting analysis. Certainly one needs to have more legal training than the "Law & Order" TV show, lol.

I got my legal training by watching Judge Judy...LOL

Hobby

If Hutchinson's testimony is true about Trump having a fit about not being taken to the capital, I always believed he never planned to go there, is true, then this could change everything. With Trump not at the capital as he said he would be there was no leadership, no control, just chaos! Had Trump been taken to the capital Jan 6 rioting may have been avoided. I am surprised Trump hasn't jumped on this and said the same that had he been at the capital as he planned non of this would have happened...

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 03, 2022, 08:12 AMIf Hutchinson's testimony is true about Trump having a fit about not being taken to the capital, I always believed he never planned to go there, is true, then this could change everything. With Trump not at the capital as he said he would be there was no leadership, no control, just chaos! Had Trump been taken to the capital Jan 6 rioting may have been avoided. I am surprised Trump hasn't jumped on this and said the same that had he been at the capital as he planned non of this would have happened...
You make a point. Trump bragging about he could have kept the riots from happening. Except that Rioters begin grappling with police on the Capitol steps before Trump fully completed his speech. I don't know how much drive time it would have taken Trump to get there. Timeline: How the storming of the U.S. Capitol unfolded on Jan. 6. Published 8:19 PM PST Jan. 6, 2021 Updated 5:33 AM PST Feb. 9, 2021. Link

And then there would be the question of just what Trump was going to do when he got there. Bust into the House Chamber with an angry mob behind him to force Pence to certify the phony electors?

Also, there seems to have been some leadership to move on a mission amongst the chaos. The Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers and possibly others.

Then initially the narrative that was trying to be pushed, it was Antifa, Black Lives Matter, corrupt FBI agents doing a false flag operation. There are still some people in MAGA world that believe this.

Hobby

If Trump busted into the capital with a bunch of angry supporters and what they did, then Trump would have been party to the insurrection and rioting and we would not be having this discussion... So I doubt he would have gone that far... According to  Hutchingson's testimony, the Secret Service changed Trump's plans to be at the capital with his supporters so we will never know and this does cast some doubt about Trump's intentions of what the Committee is trying to prove.

thaikhan

The testimony of President Trump wanting to go to the Capitol I can believe. The whole testimony of President Trump trying to grab the steering wheel I would have believed until other SS agents denied that ever being possible because President Trump would have been in the back and would only have a narrow security window he would have to squeeze through to grab the steering wheel.

Is the corner President guilty? I have no clue and I don't have enough details yet on what actions would have to be proven to find him guilty but I think he is. I doubt he'll be tried

Hobby

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 03, 2022, 03:33 PMThe testimony of President Trump wanting to go to the Capitol I can believe. The whole testimony of President Trump trying to grab the steering wheel I would have believed until other SS agents denied that ever being possible because President Trump would have been in the back and would only have a narrow security window he would have to squeeze through to grab the steering wheel.

Is the corner President guilty? I have no clue and I don't have enough details yet on what actions would have to be proven to find him guilty but I think he is. I doubt he'll be tried

How do you know there was glass between the driver front seat and Trump back seat?  Where did you get this information?