January 6th Hearings – Thread Continued

Started by HighStepper, Jun 29, 2022, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jul 06, 2022, 11:41 AM

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jul 06, 2022, 11:46 AMMore Youtube crackpot lies: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/07/27/fact-check-nancy-pelosi-isnt-in-charge-capitol-police/8082088002/

It is sad at how desperate these pathetic legislators are trying to deflect from their complicit participation in publicizing the big lie, and the aftermath that ensued.  The MAGA base has been told so many lies, that the lies have to continue to protect them from reality.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

Your reminder that literally ZERO people are willing to testify under oath that Trump is innocent.
Everyone that has testified were Trump supporters. And have removed the blinders.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2022/07/12/cheney-trump-jan-6/

(btw, before the kneejerk "Snopes is a liberal stooge" comments start, they are just reporting what the Associated Press released)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Abruptly raising the question of witness tampering, the Jan. 6 committee revealed Tuesday that Donald Trump had attempted to contact a person who was talking to the panel about its investigation of the former president and the 2021 attack on the Capitol.

"We will take any effort to influence witness testimony very seriously," said Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. She said the committee had notified the Justice Department.

The person Trump tried to contact declined to answer or respond to his call, Cheney said. Instead the person alerted their lawyer who contacted the committee.

The disclosure by Cheney was not the first time the panel has raised concerns about witnesses being contacted by Trump's team in ways that could reflect or at least create the appearance of inappropriate influence. It divulged examples last week of other times witnesses have received outreach from Trump allies, some suggesting he was aware they were talking to the committee, ahead of testimony before the panel.

A Trump spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Blkfyre

Hobby

His crime was not responding to a subpoena... he wasn't a hard-core criminal and should not be treated like this.  Imagine the police come to your door to arrest you for not showing up in court for a traffic ticket and taking you out naked... This is a clear abuse of authority as the abuse of authority that resulted in Floyd's death. No reason for it!

Danno

at least didn't shoot him like the cops in folsom did. killed a teenage boy that wouldn't come out of his room. Wouldn't come out his room, that's why the cops were called. just googled subpoena and a picture of Trumps kids showed up

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 13, 2022, 10:19 AMHis crime was not responding to a subpoena... he wasn't a hard-core criminal and should not be treated like this.  Imagine the police come to your door to arrest you for not showing up in court for a traffic ticket and taking you out naked... This is a clear abuse of authority as the abuse of authority that resulted in Floyd's death. No reason for it!
Obviously, the search wasn't about a failure to respond to a subpoena. They were investigating him for other possible crimes and wanted to ensure he didn't have an opportunity to destroy the evidence.

Bande

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jul 14, 2022, 04:41 PMWhoop there it is. Imagine that..
It did appear that some police were waving protesters through after the Capitol had already been overrun. I don't think we know whether that was because some of the cops were in on it or if they decided it was no longer of any use to try to repel them.

We do know that the bulk of the video shown to the public shows a police force very much intent on keeping the insurrectionists out. At some point, however, it became painfully clear that was no longer possible.