Collapse of a Nation

Started by Bande, Jun 30, 2022, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Lots of TRUTHS here.
Tucker does make sense.
Many of you will say all lies. O well..

dogwalker

I only have time to watch videos less than 5 sec long but I watched enough to get the gist of it and I agree.

I do a good amount of international traveling and it is very rare to see homeless people living outside in most places I've been, even in very poor countries.  Why? They have social systems that care for them better.  Extended families, which we have much less of here, take care of them.  Culture discourages and even shames it.

The other thing that has become more and more obvious is the condition of our roads. It's embarrassing.  I've driven on much better roads in other countries, again in some that would be considered poor.  Makes me wonder what those gas taxes [see other thread] are being spent on.

Another thing is road trash.  LOTS of it here.  Our country is rather dirty compared to some.  Why? Some countries have much higher littering fines and ones that are actually enforced.  Also some countries simply have more pride in the beauty of their country. We clearly do not.  I drove for a MONTH in one country and saw ONE....yes ONE...brown paper bag along a road. Not true for all countries.  I have definitely been to some that are quite trashy.  But here I could furnish a house with the trash that is along local freeways.  LOL. 

Romanticlover

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 30, 2022, 09:09 AMMakes me wonder what those gas taxes [see other thread] are being spent on.

Free healthcare for illegals and the high-speed train to nowhere.

It's mainly in CA that I notice the homeless and bad roads, travel to our border states such as NV and AZ and it's a lot better. I travel to the south(red states) occasionally and you hardly ever see trash and homeless. The homeless population in Sacramento surpassed SF and it's getting worse.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

while traveling outside the country you always see the ugly american that can't behave. usually 30 something white males
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Jun 30, 2022, 11:20 AMwhile traveling outside the country you always see the ugly american that can't behave. usually 30 something white males

The Ugly American that feels entitled..

bats

This was from January 2018. Trump said he was going to fix all this shit. What happened?

Romanticlover

The video above is from Jan 2022, this is on Biden.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 30, 2022, 01:32 PMThe video above is from Jan 2022, this is on Biden.
At least I was being light-hearted when I blamed Trump. You're serious when you blame Biden, and that's a simplistic view at best.

HighStepper

Vagrancy laws have come under constitutional attack, since being poor is not a crime under the Constitution. The statutory language was often held to be vague and overbroad, in violation of the due process requirements of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Link
Perhaps the Court can leave this to the States to determine vagrancy laws.

CONSIDER:
  • If one is homeless and jobless they don't need to be tied to a specific location.
  • Many soldiers that defend our nation live in barracks. They get food, clothing, medical, training.
  • Similar living services can be provided to the homeless.
  • Existing military facilities not currently needed for the military can be utilized
  • Facilities can be constructed if needed.
  • In the military there is supervision of people living in the facilities. So it can be for relocated homeless.
  • In the military people are assigned to facility maintenance, food service, laundry, etc. So it can be for relocated homeless.
  • There will be available academic and vocational training for the relocated homeless, so they have a path to become self-supporting if they so chose.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Local governments are limited on what they can do about the homeless, in 2019 the 9th Circuit Court ruled cities can't prosecute homeless Americans under the 8th Amendment. The SCOTUS upheld the ruling.

Sac County wants to ban urban camping:
https://www.capradio.org/articles/2022/06/21/sacramento-county-wants-to-ban-homeless-encampments-near-more-public-spaces/

SCOTUS ruling:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-homelessness/u-s-supreme-court-leaves-in-place-ruling-barring-prosecution-of-homeless-idUSKBN1YK1EA

Are we having fun yet?