Thomas Jefferson slammed by woke tour guides

Started by Bande, Jul 11, 2022, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

So sad.
Woke {Pussies} are destroying our Country.

HighStepper

I'm not going to take what these two yoyo brains are pushing as being truly factual. The video conveniently glosses over the statement:
"In the past, the managers of Monticello sanitized Jefferson's history. References to slavery were few, and signs labeled "Servants' Quarters" marked sites where Jefferson's slaves once lived.
"Our goal is to present an honest, inclusive history of Monticello in all its aspects as well as Jefferson's contributions to the founding of the country."

Recognize that in the time of Thomas Jefferson only white male landowners could vote. Slavery was condoned and accommodated in the US Constitution

There is much about Thomas Jefferson that I admire. I quote him in this forum's guidelines
Jefferson's life has contradictions. The world's foremost proponent of liberty, who wrote the immortal words, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal," was a slave owner until his death in 1826.

Now as to the term "woke" it is the latest right wing "boogieman" word to drive divisiveness.

Dictionary definition - Woke (/ˈwoʊk/ WOHK) is an English adjective meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination" that originated in African-American Vernacular English.

Personally I've never used the term. However, its recorded use goes back to the 1930's. Lead Belly (Huddie William Ledbetter) wrote a song about the Scottsboro Boys, nine African American teenagers, ages 13 to 20, accused in Alabama of raping two white women in 1931 because they were riding on a freight train together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXfkPViFIE&t=36s

Listen from 4:20 to 4:29, after the song when Lead Belly advises everybody to "stay woke". that is one of the earliest known instances of the phrase being used. Woke is black people's slang, which has been twisted to mean something different. 

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

More about the supposed "wokeness" at Monticello:
https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1546697875056361472

Fox News snowflakes. God, they're pathetic.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Jul 12, 2022, 02:05 AMMore about the supposed "wokeness" at Monticello:
https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1546697875056361472

Fox News snowflakes. God, they're pathetic.
Most media is. Tell me something new.
The people decide for themselves.
Unfortunately people have lost touch in making decisions and mostly are followers..

Danno

the only followers are testifying against their leader Trump right now. Oath keepers saying they believed the snake oil salesman. Saying the Trump lies need to stop.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jul 12, 2022, 09:51 AMMost media is. Tell me something new.
The people decide for themselves.
Unfortunately people have lost touch in making decisions and mostly are followers..

In order to make good decisions one needs to have good information. Unfortunately MAGA world is not getting good information. They are all too often given disinformation.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Unfortunately, people have lost touch in making decisions and mostly are followers..

You mean pussies... not followers...