Time flies - It's been 4 years already since GLH closed...

Started by bligslick, Mar 30, 2022, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bligslick

Last post by kidinacandystore @ Friday, March 30, 2018 11:55:24 PM

Time flies too fast...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

HighStepper

GLH History
In late June, 2014, RB was shutdown. Around August 2014 GLH started the roll out of a new site.
This is massively impressive, to accomplish this in such a short time frame. V worked around the clock.

Some salient words by V about the birth of GLH:

"Many of us struggled to figure out how to move ahead.  Many connections, friendships and potential places for guys to meet girls just went away one day with no time for collecting emails numbers and such."

"USC came to me with an idea.  He was aware of the claims I'd made to be competent at this type of thing.  So we sat down and discussed whether it was a good idea.   We brainstormed through pros and cons and decided we'd create a "connected" place rather than an "open" place.  Since USC and I try to be gentlemen in real life, we decided to apply some of those principles to the membership (as much as we had the leverage to do so).  We also decided that it'd be nice to kick out blatantly rude people.  Life is too short!"

"A lot  software evaluated and rejected. Until one day V tried SMF (Simple Machine Forum).  It appeared to have many of the basic features that we were looking for.  Plus, much of it was written in an intelligent but non convoluted way, so V would be able to extend its functionality here and there."

"So we started GLH with just an invitation only SMF board and each of us contacted a few people that we knew well and so on and so on..."

While we still remember RB, I will never forget GLH. The history of the Saloon our current home shares a heritage with GLH. We look forward to a bright future.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bligslick

thank you HS for saving that and sharing it. It was a fun little trip. Such a shame the plug had to be pulled. honestly, it was the most fun project I'd ever worked on.  It's a shame laws are what they are.  Total BS.  Politics. HS, you were before, during and after, a valuable community member and a good friend. 

Mr.Justin_Credible

I got into the hobby about a month before RB was shut down and was very fortunate to be a part of GLH. In fact, just about everything I learned about the hobby and all of my initial connections came from GLH. It was a great place, I still miss it, and am grateful I was able to be a part of it.
When I get in the shower naked,  the shower gets turned on!

Zep

I started the hobby in December 2014. Missed Redbook.  Got invited to GLH by SexyTaylor. The 2nd provider I ever saw. I loved GLH and learned so much!  I only saw GLH ladies for the next 2 years!!
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

jimmiet

I have to say that I am still a great admirer of what USC and V accomplished in getting GLH up and running. I was a 4-year RB user before its demise, and was fortunate to hear about and be vouched into GLH. I can't imagine that we would be here at the Saloon today without them developing the GLH model. Hats off to them today - and good memories.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
I am still jimmiet

Suitcase

HS, much thanks for the history lesson... and Blig, thank you so much for everything you have contributed over the years. I joined RB in late 2003, just missing "charter member" status. I was quite active on RB, somewhat less active on GLH, but I have been almost totally uninvolved since GLH closed down. I am SO HAPPY to have the saloon, to be reconnecting with folks I have known for nearly 20 years now and who have become close trusted friends. I look forward to getting to know some of you others, as well, and some lovely ladies, too!!!

Zep, thanks for the reminder about SexyTaylor... I saw her numerous times, and I miss her...
Of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most...

jimmiet

"thanks for the reminder about SexyTaylor... I saw her numerous times, and I miss her..."

I received an email from Taylor about a month ago saying that she would be visiting Sac in late April or May. Unfortunately, deleted the email so I can't be more specific, and unfortunately my short term memory is getting a bit faulty. Her prices have increased to reflect market rates, but I might see her again if she is visiting to reconnect in person.
I am still jimmiet

WolfAndCub22

That reminds me last night was the fourth anniversary of GLH shutting down and I forgot to play Dark Side of The Moon like I did that last night in chat. 
I have no problem with aging as long as I don't turn to vinegar.

Johnfun916

Yes the great GLH.
Boy did I miss those Daty contest

kidinacandystore

It's the same 24 hours in a day, but damn, it goes fast.  All kinds of things change, while many stay the same, and it's how we deal with these hours and changes that define us.

The total vacuum left by the demise of RB was masterfully filled by the efforts of V and GoUSC and it was one hellofa run!  There was a dip felt by the community, but not for long.  I know that V burned through about 12 Keurig machines before all was said and done.  If a person didn't have fun at GLH, that was on them!

I was late to the show at RB, but I did get a chance to participate from '06 until the end.  A shift of gears and GLH continued to fuel the fire!  The last night in chat was epic and my thanks again to all of those who made GLH what it was...

One more shift of gears (and a double clutch from P2P to the Saloon) and we have more people to thank for carrying the torch further up the road!

yourgirlforhire

I remember when GOUSC asked me to go on GLH and put an ad out. See in Redbook times, since 2002 I had zero ads. I would only privately go into chat and get to know the members there. Privately and shyly talk and set appointments there only. Posted in private forums.
I was just 18 when started and shy.

At 30,  GOUSC asked me to join, post, participate,  chat AND put ads. Oh and please be a mod to the milf forum. (Gousc said, "Fine, Jane, still no reviews and still no face")
And I told him: " once it gets crazy like RB and NS , I'm out!"
But this community-our company has now became my friends and family.
I have never in my life felt more love for a group of people than my very resilient, loyal, and loving glh group.

I'm thrilled we are here now.

Heywood69

Quote from: yourgirlforhire on Apr 08, 2022, 09:56 AMAnd I told him: " once it gets crazy like RB and NS , I'm out!"

What you mean, everyone on NS was calm, cool, and collected!  Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dedee

Quote from: Johnfun916 on Apr 01, 2022, 11:00 PMYes the great GLH.
Quote from: Johnfun916 on Apr 01, 2022, 11:00 PMYes the great GLH.
im sorry I missed those as well

Zep

Once we get enough ladies on here, we will bring that contest back so I can win it once again... Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.