Special Counsel

Started by Hobby, Jul 19, 2024, 07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Judge Cannon dismissed case in Florida based on her decision Jack Smith was not properly appointed.  Well what about John Durham? Durham was appointed by US Attorney General William Barr, Trump had no issue with Durham so I don't see why Cannon says Smith appointed is illegitimate.
Hobby

bats

That was before the Supreme Court's immunity ruling in the case involving the conspiracy to overturn the election results. Cannon's decision cited the concurring opinion by Clarence Thomas, who decided it was an excellent time to question the constitutionality of the appointment of the special counsel in that case.

No other Justice joined with Thomas on that issue, which wasn't raised even by Trump's own lawyers, so it meant nothing in terms of precedent. But Cannon saw an opening and ran through it to save Trump from accountability once again.

Danno

thing that pisses me off, is that she was appointed after Trump lost the election. thank Mitch
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Hobby

Now Hunter Biden is claiming special counsel Weise was appointed illegally.  Smith has appealed Cannon ruling.  I think the appeals will over turn Cannon and Trump will be tried and convicted.
Hobby

HighStepper

Aileen Cannon, being the good little whore that she is, gave service to Trump by continuously finding ways to delay the case. Very likely that her ruling of dismissal will be overturned and a new judge will be assigned to the case. However, no trial before election day.

Clarence Thomas has always been a good boy for his rich masters. In the immunity case that was before the court, Thomas made and off the wall comment that, "the lower courts should thus answer these essential questions concerning the Special Counsel's appointment before proceeding."   So, Thomas served as the fluffer.
Too much sex is still not enough.