Newsom vetoes home loans for illegals

Started by Romanticlover, Sep 10, 2024, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Last Friday Newsom vetoed a bill that would expand the home loan program to illegals.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/newsom-vetoes-bill-that-would-have-allowed-undocumented-immigrants-access-to-home-loans/3646074/

Thank you Gov Newsom for having a moment of clarity and common sense, the state is broke and giving away taxpayers money to illegals is ridiculous.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Romanticlover

According to that article Newsom has over 900 bills waiting for his signature which is insane.
I'll bet none of them are about creating jobs, affordable housing or reducing crime.
I know one of them is about plastic bags at the grocery stores, Democrats are obsessed with plastic bags.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Hobby

Danno

he usually has more than 900 this time of year. pay attention

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 11, 2024, 07:29 AMAccording to that article Newsom has over 900 bills waiting for his signature which is insane.
I'll bet none of them are about creating jobs, affordable housing or reducing crime.
I know one of them is about plastic bags at the grocery stores, Democrats are obsessed with plastic bags.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 11, 2024, 07:29 AMAccording to that article Newsom has over 900 bills waiting for his signature which is insane.

These are the bills the legislature submitted for Florida's governor DeSantis to sign in 2024 SO FAR:

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/bills.aspx

As of right now there are 1902 Bills that have been submitted for him to sign, an average of over 200 PER MONTH

Here is a list of the bills he has signed so far:

https://www.flsenate.gov/Committees/BillSummaries/2024/

To save your eyes, there are 300 that have been signed.

That means there are 1602 bills sitting on his desk.

I guess if 900 makes Newsome insane, DeSantis is absolutely certifiable huh?

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Sep 12, 2024, 01:56 PMI guess if 900 makes Newsome insane, DeSantis is absolutely certifiable huh?

No, the legislature is insane for passing so many bills in one year. The Florida legislature is also insane for passing so many bills.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 12, 2024, 07:16 PMNo, the legislature is insane for passing so many bills in one year. The Florida legislature is also insane for passing so many bills.

Hmmm, ok, you just made it sound like it was Newsom's fault about those unsigned bills...

Blkfyre

Housing:

Security Deposits: Introduced by Assemblymember Matt Haney, AB 12 would cap security deposits at one month's rent even if the unit is furnished or not.

Rent Control: Introduced by Assemblyman Zbur, AB 1620 would require that tenants in rent-controlled units who have permanent disabilities related to mobility be allowed to relocate to an available and accessible unit at the same rental rate and terms.

Credit History: Introduced by State Sen. Susan Eggman, SB 267 prohibits the use of a person's credit history as part of the application process for a rental housing accommodation. Tenants must offer the application the option to provide reasonable evidence to pay such as government benefit payments, pay records and bank statements. The bill will go into effect starting Jan. 1.

Crime:

Fentanyl Distribution Penalty: AB 701 increases potential prison sentences for criminals convicted of dealing high amounts of fentanyl.

Child Sex Trafficking: SB 14 classifies child sex trafficking as a serious felony. It includes harsher penalties on people convicted of such crimes.

Blkfyre

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gov-newsom-signs-bill-resume-harsh-penalties-smash-and-grab-robberies-california

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill Thursday that reinstates tough criminal penalties for those who conduct large-scale theft schemes and smash-and-grab robberies that continue to frustrate voters across the state.

Under the new law, prosecutors are required to begin imposing harsher sentences on those who damage or destroy property with a value of more than $50,000 while committing a felony.

Danno

this number of bills is pretty normal
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome