SCOTUS Expected To Publish Abortion Decision Friday June 24

Started by Hobby, Jun 23, 2022, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 25, 2022, 11:33 PMHow many cases of what? And it's none of my damn business what someone else does, that's the whole point. Just like for conservatives it wasn't my business if they wore a mask or got a shot. It was their body, not mine and if they wanted to die to a perfectly preventable virus that was their business, just like abortion isn't anyone's business except the people involved.

What about the person that was created and is about to get flushed down the drain?  Do they not have a say simply because they have not developed the ability to communicate? Your argument is based on the ability to think and reason, an unborn child has not reached that stage of development but will. By your own logic, a person wanting to commit suicide is no one's business.
Hobby

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 08:28 AMWhat about the person that was created and is about to get flushed down the drain?  Do they not have a say simply because they have not developed the ability to communicate? Your argument is based on the ability to think and reason, an unborn child has not reached that stage of development but will. By your own logic, a person wanting to commit suicide is no one's business.

It's not. It's sad. It's a tragedy, but it's not my business. And it's not illegal in all states and legal in many countries.

And the difference is what you consider a baby and what I do are two different things.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 26, 2022, 08:37 AMIt's not. It's sad. It's a tragedy, but it's not my business. And it's not illegal in all states and legal in many countries.

And the difference is what you consider a baby and what I do are two different things.

I know you consider a baby as nothing!  I see a baby as having their beginning, a future, a whole lifetime ahead of them but abortion steals it all away from them forever! You were given a chance at life should not others be given the same chance? You would deny them of life? That is hypocritical.
Hobby

Bande

Bande

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 08:50 AMI know you consider a baby as nothing!  I see a baby as having their beginning, a future, a whole lifetime ahead of them but abortion steals it all away from them forever! You were given a chance at life should not others be given the same chance? You would deny them of life? That is hypocritical.

First off, if you could please not speak for what I do or do not believe, you dislike it when I do that for others.

Next what you said is wholly incorrect. Our difference of opinion is not that babies should have rights but when it is a baby.

I'm not going to argue with your viewpoint, it's yours and you have a right to it just as I have to mine.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 26, 2022, 08:51 PMFirst off, if you could please not speak for what I do or do not believe, you dislike it when I do that for others.

Next what you said is wholly incorrect. Our difference of opinion is not that babies should have rights but when it is a baby.

I'm not going to argue with your viewpoint, it's yours and you have a right to it just as I have to mine.

First off you do put words in other mouths all the time but you don't like when it is done to you... you are the one that compared unborn babies to a virus, otherwise, why bring a virus into the conversation. I have heard the same from many Democrats that believe an unborn child is not a child at all, just a bunch of cells leeching off its mother.  Democrats say follow the science, well the technology today can identify each and every person by its DNA, maybe the unborn fetus is not recognizable as a human being but the DNA certainly is. So please tell me how a fetus is not a living being? A unique identifiable living being no not fully developed but nonetheless a human being in its infancy so tell me this is not true and I will gladly STFU! 
Hobby

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 09:15 PMDemocrats say follow the science, well the technology today can identify each and every person by its DNA, maybe the unborn fetus is not recognizable as a human being but the DNA certainly is. So please tell me how a fetus is not a living being? A unique identifiable living being no not fully developed but nonetheless a human being in its infancy so tell me this is not true and I will gladly STFU! 

This means all embryos created via in vitro fertilization should be protected at all costs even if the sperm and egg donor no longer want to go through with it or if they conceive the old-fashioned way while they were waiting for the right time.

Sounds like you'd be in favor of sending a lot of people to prison just for adding some cells to a test tube.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Jun 27, 2022, 12:51 AMThis means all embryos created via in vitro fertilization should be protected at all costs even if the sperm and egg donor no longer want to go through with it or if they conceive the old-fashioned way while they were waiting for the right time.

Sounds like you'd be in favor of sending a lot of people to prison just for adding some cells to a test tube.

You are reading into things... I never said that... In fact, I am not in favor of the state forcing pregnancy. All I am saying is this is a human being not some cluster of meaningless tissue. I am not in favor of making abortion a constitutional right either.
Hobby

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 26, 2022, 09:15 PMFirst off you do put words in other mouths all the time but you don't like when it is done to you... you are the one that compared unborn babies to a virus, otherwise, why bring a virus into the conversation. I have heard the same from many Democrats that believe an unborn child is not a child at all, just a bunch of cells leeching off its mother.  Democrats say follow the science, well the technology today can identify each and every person by its DNA, maybe the unborn fetus is not recognizable as a human being but the DNA certainly is. So please tell me how a fetus is not a living being? A unique identifiable living being no not fully developed but nonetheless a human being in its infancy so tell me this is not true and I will gladly STFU! 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hobby

Oh, give me a break! When I think you have reached the bottom of lame, you dig deeper? For income tax purposes? LMAO
Hobby

thaikhan

In California, the killing of an unborn child (fetus) is murder and is covered under Penal Code Section 187. The California Supreme Court has ruled that knowledge of the existence of the fetus is not required to convict of murder (People v. Taylor (2004) 32 Cal.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law that recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."

Blkfyre

Quote from: thaikhan on Jun 27, 2022, 10:33 AMIn California, the killing of an unborn child (fetus) is murder and is covered under Penal Code Section 187. The California Supreme Court has ruled that knowledge of the existence of the fetus is not required to convict of murder (People v. Taylor (2004) 32 Cal.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law that recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."

https://www.blanelaw.com/blog/death-of-a-fetus-preconception-injuries-in-california-san-diego-child-injuries.cfm

In California, the death of a fetus is frequently not actionable in a civil context, nor is the parents' emotional injury from losing the fetus, because in order to have a claim, the fetus must have been born alive. Under a California law analysis, a fetus or embryo not born alive never attains the status of a "person," and only a "person" can maintain a legal action or be the subject of a wrongful death claim.

thaikhan

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 27, 2022, 10:53 AMhttps://www.blanelaw.com/blog/death-of-a-fetus-preconception-injuries-in-california-san-diego-child-injuries.cfm

In California, the death of a fetus is frequently not actionable in a civil context, nor is the parents' emotional injury from losing the fetus, because in order to have a claim, the fetus must have been born alive. Under a California law analysis, a fetus or embryo not born alive never attains the status of a "person," and only a "person" can maintain a legal action or be the subject of a wrongful death claim.

Criminal law encompasses murder, theft, assault, or any other criminal activity that affects society, whereas civil law seeks compensation for offenses against an individual or an organization.

thaikhan

Regardless of this, Pro-Choice supporters should be pushing to make abortions a federal right not just by trying to have Roe vs Wade re-enacted but by pushing to have it as a constitutional right so that they don't leave it up to states and have this happen in the future.  You can try to push semantics to make yourself feel better about abortions but the issue is that we do not have to like what other people decide to do and we have to respect the decision other people make.  WE as a country had deemed abortion acceptable for a very long period of time; there are even people who have lived their whole lives with abortion being legal and now it's not.  Similar to how the Afghans had democracy up until we decided to say fuck you to them, except... they're in a worse situation. 

Despite what many may think, the killing of life is not illegal in this country depending on the circumstances.  Abortion used to be one of those things and still is now depending upon state.  People just try to color shit up to feel less guilty about their actions.  It is what it is but there is nothing wrong with that if someone so chooses to act upon it.  It's sad that Women have that decision taken away from them.  So many people want to dictate to others how to live their lives and what to do with their bodies.