Trump taxes

Started by Blkfyre, Dec 30, 2022, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

dogwalker

Remember when Trump's ongoing excuse for not releasing his tax records was "I'm under audit."  Well.....lmao.....we now know that clearly was not the case.  It was the opposite.  No audit was being done even though it's required by law for Presidents.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 07:19 AMThey all lie dude, Biden has been telling lies for 50 years.
This is perhaps the dumbest defense of Trump that we see here. Yes, it's true that nearly all politicians lie at some point, as do almost all people generally. But it's a false comparison to say that Trump is anything like other politicians.

There's just no comparison to any other person in public life. Both the quantity and severity of Trump's lies dwarf anyone else's to the point that he's easily in a class by himself.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Dec 31, 2022, 01:53 PMThis is perhaps the dumbest defense of Trump that we see here.

If you read my first post in this thread I said I wasn't defending Trump, reading is fundamental. I can't stand liars and hypocrites whatever party they belong to, in my first post I also criticized George Santos who is a Republican.

I wish some of you die-hard Democrats would acknowledge that Biden is a habitual liar.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Name at least 10 lies Biden told in last 2 years.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Lots of videos on YouTube of Biden lying, go check them out.

My question: name 10 good things that Biden has done in the past 2 years
Changing his diapers doesn't count.
Are we having fun yet?

bligslick

Quote from: Danno on Dec 31, 2022, 02:48 PMName at least 10 lies Biden told in last 2 years.

Politifact

A quick Google search on Politifact bias indicates it's left leaning.

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 30, 2022, 06:32 PMHis tax payments would almost not make ANY difference considering how big the US budget is.....trillions....and how much is wasted on crap. 
Wow, that so misses the point. I would assert that the taxes paid by all of the posters here would not by themselves have a significant impact on the federal budget. Surely you would not suggest that would be reason enough for us to not pay our taxes.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 30, 2022, 07:42 PM... he paid what he owed and filed his taxes every year, yes he lied but he didn't cheat the IRS. If you don't like the tax code then contact your representatives.

That he simply took legal benefit of the tax codes applicable to him is a big assumption.  There is strong concern that many of his tax basis claims are unsubstantiated. The IRS under Trump appointees failed to perform audits of a president's tax return per IRS policy since President Nixon. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Well the Republicans in the House are going to investigate whether Joe "Big Guy" Biden got 10% from foreign investors and failed to report it on his taxes, it looks like he did according to his sons laptop and text messages.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 02:32 PMIf you read my first post in this thread I said I wasn't defending Trump, reading is fundamental. I can't stand liars and hypocrites whatever party they belong to, in my first post I also criticized George Santos who is a Republican.

I wish some of you die-hard Democrats would acknowledge that Biden is a habitual liar.
You suggested that Biden and Trump are in the same category as liars. If that wasn't intended to be a defense of Trump then it was, at best, an absurd comparison.

dogwalker

everyone has told a lie.....so what.

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 31, 2022, 10:17 PMeveryone has told a lie.....so what.
The "so what" is that not all lies, and not all liars, are comparable. I mean, just about everybody has broken a law or two, but that doesn't mean everyone is a career criminal.

dogwalker

Matter of degrees.....sure....but if your favorite politician is never "caught" (charged, prosecuted, convicted, imprisoned) then it might as well have been if no crime was committed....end result is the same.

I think my point is who the hell cares if Trump told 413355325 lies and Biden told 94942 lies?  What does it matter?  What are the consequences of that?  None on me so far and me is all I care about.....lol.

Blkfyre

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 31, 2022, 11:13 PMMatter of degrees.....sure....but if your favorite politician is never "caught" (charged, prosecuted, convicted, imprisoned) then it might as well have been if no crime was committed....end result is the same.

I think my point is who the hell cares if Trump told 413355325 lies and Biden told 94942 lies?  What does it matter?  What are the consequences of that?  None on me so far and me is all I care about.....lol.

Where it matters:

Trump and his synchophants repeat the lie "Trump is better than Democrats. Trump donated all his salary to charities to help Americans, something a Democrat would never do. Our president says he'll do something then does it!"

Americans thinking Trump is a patriot and above generous man instead just lied over and over again for political advantage and to demonize his oppoenents, and they go to vote for him despite his NOT doing the above

Trump and his synchophants repeat the lie "Trump's taxes were under review, thus wanting to know about them is just Democrats trying to use the government to invade his privacy. He's telling the truth and if you let them do this they'll do it to you next."

Americans thinking Trump is a patriot, the democrats hateful people, who if they stay in power will take away even more from them, so goes to vote for him despite his NOT having his taxes under review and lying so he can hide those lies.

Trump and his synchophants repeat the lie "Biden having business interests in China goes against American interests and should be exposed. Just his having those interests means you should vote for Trump instead of Biden who loves China more than America or he wouldn't have done business with them!"

Americans thinking Trump is a patriot and trying to find the truth because being told ANYONE who does business with China is evil and go to vote for him despite his paying more in tax to China than he has here, and who has actively pursued business dealings with China while demonizing those he hasn't even PROVEN have done so yet.

The consequences of Trump's lies the first time out was 4 years of his presidency. Not having that happen again *is* important to some people.