8 Trump 'fake electors' have accepted immunity in Georgia election probe

Started by Blkfyre, May 07, 2023, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://abcnews.go.com/US/8-trump-fake-electors-accepted-immunity-georgia-election/story?id=99121209

Eight of the so-called "fake electors" in Georgia who were allegedly involved in efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in the state have accepted immunity in the Fulton County probe into the matter, according to their lawyer.

In a court filing in the case on Friday, an attorney who represents 10 of the fake electors said the Fulton County district attorney's office reached out in April to provide an immunity offer for eight of her clients.

"After reviewing the actual, written offers of immunity, each of those eight electors accepted their immunity offer," the filing by the attorney, Kimberly Debrow, said.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is probing former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn his election loss in the state, after Trump was heard in a January 2021 phone call pleading with Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to help him "find 11,780 votes," the exact number he needed to win Georgia.

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack said the "fake elector" plan, set up in multiple swing states, assembled "groups of individuals in key battleground states and got them to call themselves electors, created phony certificates associated with these fake electors, and then transmitted these certificates to Washington, and to the Congress, to be counted during the joint session of Congress on January 6th."

The noose is slowly but surely tightening around Trump's neck and it will be interesting to see if people keep blindly supporting him or will finally open their eyes...

Romanticlover

Trump still polls better than Biden, Americans want a real leader.
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 07, 2023, 01:01 PMTrump still polls better than Biden, Americans want a real leader.
That Trump continues to be palatable to so many Americans tells us all we need to know about our collective inability to sift through all the misinformation of the modern age. It was one thing when he was supposed to be refreshingly candid, but over the years, we've all been exposed to mountains of his misconduct, practically in real-time.

It's beyond me how anyone considers that guy a "leader." He's been rubbing your noses in his corruption and criminality for years, yet you never learn.

Romanticlover

Why you Democrats support the senile incompetant President boggles my mind....oh wait...only 36% of Americans support Biden.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 07, 2023, 05:51 PMWhy you Democrats support the senile incompetant President boggles my mind....oh wait...only 36% of Americans support Biden.
You're comparing Biden to a man who, among other things, openly worked several illegal schemes to overturn a lawful presidential election. Those efforts included inciting his supporters to commit violence by overrunning the Capitol police and gaining entry to the Capitol by force in hopes of somehow stopping the certification of the election. People died that day, and Trump watched it on television rather than do anything about it.

You might want to reevaluate how you choose your "leaders."

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 07, 2023, 05:51 PMWhy you Democrats support the senile incompetant President boggles my mind....oh wait...only 36% of Americans support Biden.

As I posted elsewhere:

Rocks and glass houses. Trump's lowest approval rating was still BELOW what you just said Biden's was, at 34. And it typically hovered between 38-41:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

zoezane

Many rants on over this political mayhem mess.  Trump's energy MAGA field will not sustain itself.  He works against everything that's good.  I'm watching "orange face" his mind go more crazy.  I would not be surprised if "orange kool-aid" did a WACO.  Not surprised at all. Or he makes an excuse to not run because he has health issues.  He can never be wrong or be wronged by anyone.  As for Biden, good we have someone who knows the ropes to patch back America that the sour orange God created and destroyed.  Good we have a vice-president that smiles and does not have flies in her hair. t-r-u-m-p is pure evil who read and studied Hitler's books to destroy our constitution.  American is eating the butt-stains from a raging maniac.  Thank you, Mr. Impeached Bankrupt Loser
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?