The audio on Trump in the documents case is much, much worse...

Started by Blkfyre, Jul 21, 2023, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/C_ONoFXEln8

So, Trump and conservatives have been beating a drum over the "fact" that Trump said he declassified the documents, therefore, there was no reason he couldn't have them as they were no longer classified "Secret".

The problem is, in the audio that was just released Trump admits that they were not declassified, that he no longer had the power to do so, and, as is obvious from the sounds of paper being moved back and forth and the context of the conversation, he was STILL showing off the documents even while admitting they were classified!

Trump: Declassify. See, as president I could have declassified it. Now I can't, you know. But this is classified.

Staffer: (laughing) Yeah, now we have a problem

Trump: Isn't that interesting?

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jul 21, 2023, 03:26 PMThe problem is, in the audio that was just released...
This audio was released about a month ago. But yes, it is damning.

dogwalker

How good is Trump at juggling or deflecting?  One case may not go to trial until after 2024 elections but there's just so many now.  Lots of baggage !

bladegunner

if americans square off on each other we'll get attacked.avoid.

dogwalker

bladegunner

dont be done living in america. i dig you dude. however,if you relocate to isreal and hook me up with gal gidot, itd be aigh

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jul 21, 2023, 05:38 PMHow good is Trump at juggling or deflecting?  One case may not go to trial until after 2024 elections but there's just so many now.  Lots of baggage !
Friday, the judge set a trial date for May 20, 2024, in the documents case. Trump made a mistake by asking for it to be delayed until after the election because come springtime, he can't very well say, "Oh, wow, your honor, now that we're in full campaign mode, I don't have time to stand trial for all these felonies."

But it will get weird if Trump, as expected, becomes the presumptive Republican nominee. Because only in wingnut America does a known conman who illegally and violently tried to overturn the results of the last election get another shot at the job.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome