Why Are We So Angry?

Started by Bande, Jun 29, 2022, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Nail On by Tucker..

HighStepper

Hey I put the playback setting to double speed and hung in for a long as I could. His rant defending Peter Navarro indicted for contempt of Congress as simply being disrespectful and there is no law that says you have to respect anyone fits right in with typical Tucker. Fox lawyers and the courts have warned, no reasonable person would view him as being factual.

If Tucker made any valid points that could be documented from other sources that would be great.
Too much sex is still not enough.

thaikhan

Both Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow both escaped lawsuits by having judges dismiss said lawsuits because their own audience understands that the shows consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when they uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them.  Basically both are full of shit, are opinion pieces/shows and not facts.

Hobby

Quote from: thaikhan on Jun 29, 2022, 09:15 PMBoth Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow both escaped lawsuits by having judges dismiss said lawsuits because their own audience understands that the shows consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when they uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them.  Basically both are full of shit, are opinion pieces/shows and not facts.

"Basically both are full of shit, are opinion pieces/shows and not facts."

Now now... you are talking about Bande's hero Tucker the Fucker and Blkfyre ATF Madcow...LOL

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 29, 2022, 09:35 PM"Basically both are full of shit, are opinion pieces/shows and not facts."

Now now... you are talking about Bande's hero Tucker the Fucker and Blkfyre ATF Madcow...LOL

Why I respond to this, I don't know, but I know dick about Maddow other than she is a reporter on MSNBC, which I don't watch.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 29, 2022, 10:11 PMWhy I respond to this, I don't know, but I know dick about Maddow other than she is a reporter on MSNBC, which I don't watch.

Whatever you say... we believe....

thaikhan

bats

Quote from: thaikhan on Jun 29, 2022, 09:15 PMBoth Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow both escaped lawsuits by having judges dismiss said lawsuits because their own audience understands that the shows consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when they uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them.  Basically both are full of shit, are opinion pieces/shows and not facts.
I think there's a misunderstanding about what those lawsuits meant for both Carlson and Maddow. Both were defending against claims of defamation, and in both cases, their lawyers argued, successfully, that the things they had said were reasonably understood as opinions rather than statements of fact.

Their lawyers made that argument not to suggest that their clients were "full of shit," but rather to point out that their statements were protected by the First Amendment. And in both cases the judges agreed.

Having said that, I think Carlson is deliberately misleading and untruthful, whereas Maddow at least tries to get the facts right despite her obvious bias.

dogwalker

People are not raised right these days.  Blame it on parents.
No anger management classes in school. People usually only take those after they are court ordered.
I blame a lot of it on social media which allows anyone and everyone to let out their inner animal and so they do. Zero self control.

Bande

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 30, 2022, 06:19 AMPeople are not raised right these days.  Blame it on parents.
No anger management classes in school. People usually only take those after they are court ordered.
I agree on this.

I blame a lot of it on social media which allows anyone and everyone to let out their inner animal and so they do. Zero self control.

Freedom of the press.
Ultimately it is up to the people to research and go with their beliefs.
Problem is the majority are followers in which we are seeing the repercussions.

I love posting shit.
Many get there panTies in a UPROAR..
Funny shit one can not open up to other opinions that may open some eyes
Yes, lots may be BULLSHIT, Out of that bullshit there is some truths though.
Kind of like our Government feeding us propaganda to get there way on BULLSHIT.

Hobby

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 30, 2022, 06:19 AMPeople are not raised right these days.  Blame it on parents.

It's poor potty training... LOL

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Jun 30, 2022, 07:58 AMFreedom of the press.
Ultimately it is up to the people to research and go with their beliefs.
Problem is the majority are followers in which we are seeing the repercussions.

I love posting shit.
Many get there panTies in a UPROAR..
Funny shit one can not open up to other opinions that may open some eyes
Yes, lots may be BULLSHIT, Out of that bullshit there is some truths though.
Kind of like our Government feeding us propaganda to get there way on BULLSHIT.

Except Tucker is NOT the press. His own lawyer said that. So that really doesn't apply. Does he still have the right to spew his bullshit and have people believe it's true? Well, that's obvious. But no, he in no way, shape, manner or form gets to hide behind freedom of the press. That is for people who say/print the truth...

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 30, 2022, 08:39 AMExcept Tucker is NOT the press. His own lawyer said that. So that really doesn't apply. Does he still have the right to spew his bullshit and have people believe it's true? Well, that's obvious. But no, he in no way, shape, manner or form gets to hide behind freedom of the press. That is for people who say/print the truth...

Yes he does.
This is a FREE country and he states his opinion that is not against the law.

Not indifferent from all the politicians spewing out their LIES.

AGAIN it is up to the PEOPLE to research and go from there.

Problem is this PUSSIFIED nation has became followers and LAZY to do that.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Jun 30, 2022, 08:46 AMYes he does.

Which part of my saying he still has the right to spew his bullshit did you not get?

It doesn't make it less bullshit and you are right, ANY research at all will show anybody how many lies it is he tells. The problem is the conservative use confirmation bias and thus doesn't actually do reasearch. They look at other people who tell them the same thing and say "Well THEY said I'm right, so I must be!". They have been conditioned by Trump not to trust the Press, Doctors, Scientists or anyone outside of Youtube crackpots, as is very, very obvious.

And when you do provide another viewpoint, rather than actually showing their research outside of a Youtube nutbag or a person that even FOX says reasonable people shouldn't believe, that same conservative confirmation bias turns around and attack to deflect and to repeat slogans and veiled insults. Because that's what the conspiracy theory nutjobs tell them to do, train them to do, indoctrinate them to do.

Danno

so you admit that Trump lied about the election

Quote from: Bande on Jun 30, 2022, 08:46 AMYes he does.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome