Brittney Griner

Started by dogwalker, Jul 04, 2022, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 05, 2022, 08:39 PMSo now she loves her country and is patriotic:

https://www.outsports.com/2020/7/29/21346824/brittney-griner-national-anthem-breonna-taylor-police-brutality-protest-wnba
It's interesting that some people apparently believe that making a statement for a cause one believes in is unpatriotic.

Hobby

She probably would have done better to have written Hunter Biden....LOL

Blkfyre

Quote from: bats on Jul 05, 2022, 09:02 PMIt's interesting that some people apparently believe that making a statement for a cause one believes in is unpatriotic.

Unfortunately, that is oh so familiar...

Blkfyre

dogwalker

She plead guilty.   Hmmmm maybe the person that actually was there would know what happened? 

Bande

Quote from: bats on Jul 05, 2022, 09:02 PMIt's interesting that some people apparently believe that making a statement for a cause one believes in is unpatriotic.

Making a statement is unpatriotic, Now, making a opinion is not....

dogwalker

She said she accidently packed her drugs because she was in a hurry.
Sorry BG, but excuses do not absolve guilt.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jul 07, 2022, 02:43 PMMaking a statement is unpatriotic, Now, making a opinion is not....
Huh?

HighStepper

The narrative by the U.S. government claiming Brittney Griner to be wrongfully detained by the Russian government did not help in my opinion. In Arizona marijuana is legal for recreational-use. NOT in Russia.

People trying to negotiate her release got a clear message that there would be no chance for these discussions until after the court trial process. Pleading guilty and pleading for mercy was her only option that was left. Perhaps she can convince the court she had not intent to distribute.

Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

Yeh I gotta a problem with the "wrongfully detained" statements myself.  For the 64th time [see above] were those assholes there in Russia when her suitcase was searched?  Obviously no.  They don't know shit about shit.

On a separate note more than once some women I'd characterize as ultra feminist bitches have made statements along the lines of "well if she wasn't paid so poorly in the US she would not have to work in Russia.....and accidently pack drugs in her luggage"  OMG.....yes she's not paid as much as Steph Curry [I wonder why] BUT she can't live on $220K/yr?  Lame as fuck justifications.

dogwalker

She was sentenced to 9 years (1 year less than the maximum) in a  Russian "penal camp" today.

Hobby

It's Russian political bullshit she got caught in... probably would have done better to have written a letter to Trump asking him to call his pal and let her come home...

shellback97

As long as Trump's buddy Putin remains the brutal fascist dictator of Russia I see zero reason for any private US Citizen to go there. At the same time to put things in perspective, if you have possession priors from any state in the union, you can still get 3 years in federal prison for smoking a joint in Yosemite. And if you sell someone a joint you can get 5 years.  Some of our federal drug laws are pretty fucked up as well.

dogwalker

I went to Russia in 2015.  It was interesting to see what the situation there is first hand.
However I'm not that excited about going there now.