Brittney Griner

Started by dogwalker, Jul 04, 2022, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

Brittney Griner is the WNBA player detained in Russia on charges of narcotics smuggling.
I keep reading that the White House claims she was wrongfully detained [at Moscow airport].
How would they know?
Was ANYONE from the White House in Moscow, looking at what was in her luggage?
Maybe she is innocent.  Maybe it's all politics.  That's why I posted this topic in the politics forum instead of the basketball forum.
Her being a lesbian won't help her in Russia.
Maybe US citizens should play on American teams?
Perhaps some readers here know what really happened or have an opinion about whether she should be traded.....not for a player on another basketball team.....for a Russian terrorist!

thaikhan

Wow really?  they claim she was wrongfully detained?  Russia claims she had vape cartridges filled with cannabis oil and it doesn't seem like she's doing much to protest.  I think in normal times they would have let her go and do nothing considering the owner of the Russian team she plays on probably would have gotten her off but it seems more like she's a political prisoner due to the war.  And the only reason why this is even news is the fact that she's a Professional Basketball player.  If it were any other schmuck we'd be screwed.

dogwalker

Yes if the team owner licked Putin's basketBALLS she might be home by now.  Bribes rule there.
Should Biden trade himself?  She wrote him a nice letter. 

HighStepper

Do not travel to Russia Link

Do not participate in any sports being played in Russian.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

I've been to Russia.  Was hoping to go again.   Not for awhile I guess.   Same with China probably.
I read but ignore many of those state department advisories.  Some are over done.
Many parts of the US are more unsafe than most [maybe all] countries I've been to.

thaikhan

What's funny/sad is that the female basketball players mostly all get paid more in other countries than in the USA and that is the reason why they go play in other countries.

dogwalker

Average WNBA player is paid $125K/yr in US, up to $500K for best. 
The top female players can make $1-1.5M/yr in Russia.   

Romanticlover

Drugs are bad mmkay.
You need to follow the laws of the country you're visiting mmkay.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

OK sure.  But was anyone here actually there?  Y'all work for Russian airport security?

Romanticlover

It sucks for her, she's looking at 5-10 years in prison.
That reminds me, anyone see Midnight Express?
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

never put your vape in your carry on. stupid
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 05, 2022, 12:20 PMIt sucks for her, she's looking at 5-10 years in prison.
That reminds me, anyone see Midnight Express?

Midnight Express is a 1978 prison drama film directed by Alan Parker, produced by David Puttnam and written by Oliver Stone, based on Billy Hayes's 1977. Link

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Jul 05, 2022, 12:59 PMnever put your vape in your carry on. stupid

Don't carry your vape (or anything legal) period.

dogwalker

She wrote a letter to the President which in part [paraphrased] reads:

Dear Biddy,

I really miss dunking my wife's pussy.  If you get me out of prison I promise to vote for you every day and I'll NEVER pack drugs in my luggage again.

Love B. Grinder

HighStepper

The entirety of the handwritten letter to Biden was being kept private. Excerpts:

"I'm terrified I might be here forever. I realize you are dealing with so much, but please don't forget about me and the other American Detainees. Please do all you can to bring us home."

"On the 4th of July, our family normally honors the service of those men who fought for our freedom, including my father who is a Vietnam War Veteran," "It hurts thinking about how I usually celebrate this day because freedom means something completely different to me this year."

"I voted for the first time in 2020 and I voted for you," "I believe in you. I still have so much good to do with my freedom that you can help restore. I miss my wife! I miss my family! I miss my teammates! It kills me to know they are suffering so much right now. I am grateful for whatever you can do at this moment to get me home."