Brittney Griner

Started by dogwalker, Jul 04, 2022, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Don't do drugs kids...especially in other countries.

Are we having fun yet?

Tuscano

Ok, I am way behind the curve on this topic...Though I have followed it on Yahoo. My first and still now...question..WHY THE FUCK would anyone go to Russia???
Vorresti essere me

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jul 08, 2022, 12:04 AMYeh I gotta a problem with the "wrongfully detained" statements myself.  For the 64th time [see above] were those assholes there in Russia when her suitcase was searched?  Obviously no.  They don't know shit about shit.
A little reading often helps. Here's what a New York Times story reported back in May about wrongful detainment:

A law passed by Congress in 2020 established 11 criteria for such a designation, any one of which can be a sufficient basis to secure the detainee's release, including "credible information indicating innocence of the detained individual," "credible reports that the detention is a pretext for an illegitimate purpose," or a conclusion that U.S. "diplomatic engagement is likely necessary."

The story goes on to say that a designation of wrongful detainment must be approved by the Secretary of State personally, although as of the date of the story the department hadn't specified which of the 11 criteria the designation is based on.

Needless to say, nobody from the state department had to have been there, and it seems much more likely that we who are commenting, not the state department, are the ones who don't know shit about shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/sports/basketball/brittney-griner-detained-wnba.html

Romanticlover

A Russian court upheld her nine year sentence, her family can't easily visit her and that sucks.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/34874779/russian-court-rejects-brittney-griner-appeal-9-year-sentence
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Not looking very good for her.  If she ends up being in prison that long that's probably also the end of her basketball career.....
Even at this point those high level athletes need frequent work outs and conditioning or they lose their abilities fast.

HighStepper

Before the Russian negotiators said before doing a prisoner exchange she had to go through all the court processes.
So, now that her sentence is set and appeals over with, they might start the prisoner exchange process. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Putin is holding her hostage, several officials said he's waiting to see what happens in the mid-terms but I'll bet he waits until 2024. Putin doesn't care about international laws.

'Several officials have said in recent weeks that they believe Russia will not engage seriously in negotiations until after the U.S. midterm elections Nov. 8, not wanting to give the Biden administration a political victory.'
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 25, 2022, 06:22 PM'Several officials have said in recent weeks that they believe Russia will not engage seriously in negotiations until after the U.S. midterm elections Nov. 8, not wanting to give the Biden administration a political victory.'
He doesn't want to help Biden because he knows the Republicans are the ones pushing the United States toward authoritarianism. A strong U.S. democracy is bad for the world's autocrats.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Oct 25, 2022, 09:05 PMHe doesn't want to help Biden because he knows the Republicans are the ones pushing the United States toward authoritarianism. A strong U.S. democracy is bad for the world's autocrats.

LMAO
He doesn't help ChinaBiden because Biden is weak and a PUSSY.
You are so delirious.. One day maybe see the Light. Seems like you would of by now with most Demoncrats wanting nothing to do with ChinaBiden, along with how he has driven OUR Country to SHIT..

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 25, 2022, 09:40 PMLMAO
He doesn't help ChinaBiden because Biden is weak and a PUSSY.
Biden has mended some of the fractures in our alliances with NATO countries caused by Putin's useful idiot, Donald Trump. When those alliances are stronger, obviously, the West can better fend off violent bullies like Putin.

Biden is also leading the charge in providing massive military aid to Ukraine as it fights to defeat Putin.

Meanwhile, some anti-democracy Republicans are now talking about reeling in aid to Ukraine if they get control of congress in next month's elections.

Maybe you should try consuming information from sources other than the YouTube idiots looking to sell you gold coins while you'll listen to their bullshit.

Danno

Biden- had al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri killed.
Trump- Kisses Putin and Kim Jong-un asses.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Oct 26, 2022, 10:13 AMBiden- had al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri killed.

Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed under Trump's watch.

He wrote me beautiful letters and we fell in love': Donald Trump on Kim Jong-un
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV6mVmAVQU4

Too much sex is still not enough.

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Oct 26, 2022, 10:13 AMBiden- had al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri killed.

1 Role of a President is what? To work on maintain Peace with being stern at the same time.
The people you speak of gave no backlash to Trump.
The world laughs at the current circus Administration we have.
Along with not taking ChinaBiden seriously. Hell, before you know it we will be in a war and lose due to all our emergency reserve and sources being depleted in 2 years... The war will start with others because we all know ChinaBiden is a PUSSY.

Danno

Bone Spur Trump was to scared to go to war. 5 draft deferments. Whose the Pussy?
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Oct 26, 2022, 12:41 PM1 Role of a President is what? To work on maintain Peace with being stern at the same time.
The people you speak of gave no backlash to Trump.
The world laughs at the current circus Administration we have.
Along with not taking ChinaBiden seriously. Hell, before you know it we will be in a war and lose due to all our emergency reserve and sources being depleted in 2 years... The war will start with others because we all know ChinaBiden is a PUSSY.

So, if I get what you are saying, the role of the president is to keep the peace, so you excuse Trump from worshipping at the feet of someone who has admitted they are tampering in our politics and who is even now taking over a country and killing off who knows how many civlians.
But PRESIDENT Biden, who ACCORDING TO YOU HAS THE ROLE of working with China to keep the peace by making political and financial deals is an abomination and corruption of all that is American?

Do you actually read what you are writing?