Trump Team Lied Their Asses Off About Classified Docs

Started by bats, Aug 30, 2022, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Last week Trump's lawyers asked a court to appoint a "Special Master" to review the documents seized in the search executed at Mar-a-Lago three weeks ago. They also apparently asked the court to order the return of at least some of the documents to Trump.

Tonight the DOJ filed its response to Trump's requests. In the response, they lay out many facts that simply do not square with Trump's bullshit claims about his "cooperation" with the national archives and DOJ as they attempted to negotiate with Trump to return documents that not only weren't his but in many cases were highly classified.

This is going to be the main news story for days to come, and many legal experts will discuss it to death. In the meantime, here's DOJ's filing:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.0_1.pdf

But since a picture is worth a thousand words or whatever, DOJ attached to its filing a photo of some of the evidence seized three weeks ago. It's kind of incriminating.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.1_2.pdf

You cannot view this attachment.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Aug 30, 2022, 09:21 PMLast week Trump's lawyers asked a court appoint a "Special Master" to review the documents seized in the search executed at Mar-a-Lago three weeks ago. They also apparently asked the court to order the return of at least some of the documents to Trump.

Tonight the DOJ filed its response to Trump's requests. In the response, they lay out many facts that simply do not square with Trump's bullshit claims about his "cooperation" with the national archives and DOJ as they attempted to negotiate with Trump to return documents that not only weren't his but in many cases were highly classified.

This is going to be the main news story for days to come, and many legal experts will discuss it to death. In the meantime, here's DOJ's filing:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.0_1.pdf

But since a picture is worth a thousand words or whatever, DOJ attached to its filing a photo of some of the evidence seized three weeks ago. It's kind of incriminating.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.1_2.pdf

OMG. LOL they are going all out. Such horrendous actions by Trump. I think we will charge him for Unlawful storage of Documents he controlled the classifications of. So devastating.

Bats never mind all the corruption, lies, fake testimony of the DEMONCRATS since 2016, And Trumps OMG the liar. Politicians are liars in GENERAL not one party. One day people will see the light and pull the shit out of their eyes instead of making it personal cuz OMG he hurt my feelings and my me cry. PUSSIES....

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Aug 30, 2022, 09:37 PMOMG. LOL they are going all out. Such horrendous actions by Trump. I think we will charge him for Unlawful storage of Documents he controlled the classifications of. So devastating.

For the umpteenth time TRUMP DOES NOT CONTROL THE CLASSIFICATION OF THESE DOCUMENTS. He is not the fucking president anymore.

What could be SO DEVASTATING is if through Trump's illegal action causes intelligence sources to be shut down or if an intelligence asset loses their life. 

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Aug 30, 2022, 09:37 PMOMG. LOL they are going all out. Such horrendous actions by Trump. I think we will charge him for Unlawful storage of Documents he controlled the classifications of. So devastating.

Bats never mind all the corruption, lies, fake testimony of the DEMONCRATS since 2016, And Trumps OMG the liar. Politicians are liars in GENERAL not one party. One day people will see the light and pull the shit out of their eyes instead of making it personal cuz OMG he hurt my feelings and my me cry. PUSSIES....
You don't get it. The former president didn't just tell another lie. The facts appear to show not only that he was mishandling highly classified materials, but also that he obstructed the investigation related to those materials.

As of noon on January 20, 2021, all of his presidential authority evaporated. He didn't "control" the seized documents. He didn't even have the security clearance to view some of them.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

BY LAW, which Trump's own lawyer admits, they were duly served to return ALL the documents. Trump did not.

It doesn't matter if they were declassified, he shouldn't have had them, and when the people who legally had a right to all the documents did ask nicely, then asked through his lawyer, and then sent legal papers to get them returned, Trump did not turn them over.

Why is that so hard to understand?

bats

Tonight, Trump's lawyers filed a response to DOJ's filing last night. I haven't read much of it, but it's interesting that Trump believes that it would be appropriate for his requested "special master" to have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.

If Trump declassified all the documents (as he has claimed) then why are his lawyers saying the special master should have a Top Secret/SCI clearance?

It almost sounds like his own lawyers don't believe the bullshit about how he could have declassified documents just by thinking about it. LOL

Hobby

Not only trump lying so are his attorneys to try save their sorry asses... so far the doj is cleaning trumps clock...

zoezane

Quote from: Hobby on Aug 31, 2022, 08:54 PMNot only trump lying so are his attorneys to try save their sorry asses... so far the doj is cleaning trumps clock...

thank god for the DOJ not taking trumps bull-shit stories of lies.  Good name for a movie, story of lies

https://twitter.com/Jckruse79/status/1564837082920620033/photo/1
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Aug 31, 2022, 08:02 PMTonight, Trump's lawyers filed a response to DOJ's filing last night. I haven't read much of it, but it's interesting that Trump believes that it would be appropriate for his requested "special master" to have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.

If Trump declassified all the documents (as he has claimed) then why are his lawyers saying the special master should have a Top Secret/SCI clearance?

It almost sounds like his own lawyers don't believe the bullshit about how he could have declassified documents just by thinking about it. LOL

The stupid trump appointed bitch judge will probably do as her master wants....

dogwalker

LMAO....but did they lie or forget?  "I forget" has become a bit of a universal excuse now with some people.

Danno

to late for special master. all documents have been examined.
Quote from: Hobby on Sep 01, 2022, 04:49 PMThe stupid trump appointed bitch judge will probably do as her master wants....

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Sep 02, 2022, 11:59 AMto late for special master. all documents have been examined.

Bill Barr slams Trump's special master request as 'red herring' and a waste of time.
Bill Barr Pushes Back as Fox News Host Suggests FBI Trump Raid Unnecessary
Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

"People say this was unprecedented, well, it's also unprecedented for a president to take all this classified information and put them in a country club, okay?" Barr said on Fox News.

Danno

Now Trump is saying he was saving the documents for his library. That's not how it works. the documents don't belong to him. Doubt they want names of spies in his library for everyone to see. Stay tuned for his next lie, his cult loves it. Go ahead and send him some money. why doesn't he just borrow some the $2 Billion his kids got from the Saudi's for selling them USA secrets.