Vivek Ramaswamy Drops Out

Started by HighStepper, Jan 15, 2024, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jan 21, 2024, 12:42 PMUhm, last time people hated Trump's policies (and so did most Americans according to the polls)

This time around a recent NBC(not Fox) poll showed the economy is #1 concern and the border being a close #2.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Economy being #1 concern makes sense.  If often is, and more so now with the recent inflation.
Border #2? It was supposed to be age of candidates.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 21, 2024, 01:02 PMThis time around a recent NBC(not Fox) poll showed the economy is #1 concern and the border being a close #2.

Yes, because Trump was not beating the drum on both of those HARD back then. Oh wait, he was:

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27Q2HA/
Trump touted the economy; the economy voted for Biden

https://time.com/5858392/trump-poll-slump-border-wall/
As His Poll Numbers Slump, President Trump Returns to Arizona and the Border Wall

So, same issues, and back then the people said they are concerned about those issues, but not as much as having him in office...

Romanticlover

As Biden's positive poll numbers continue to slump(currently at 17%) he will have to pull another stunt like "Russian disinformation" in order to win but the public ain't buying it this time.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 21, 2024, 06:11 PMAs Biden's positive poll numbers continue to slump(currently at 17%) he will have to pull another stunt like "Russian disinformation" in order to win but the public ain't buying it this time.
It's so sad that millions of Americans like you have fallen for the lies from Trump and the Republican machine. All credible intelligence assessments make clear that Russia has been interfering in our elections since at least 2016, and they're continuing their efforts.

I suppose you also believe the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.  ::)

zoezane

Good thing about Niki Haley, those who vote for her, it will take away from the dirty diaper orange train.
... You Know Who, the orange has disgraced our country.  Disgusting how he smells, kicked out of a restaurant.  Now Melania is back with him, I'm sure he has given her death threats to keep her hostage.  She could take out the orange, all her secrets.  Who in the hell put that stupid tan lotion on the con's face?  He did.  I love watching the orange spew hate that only kills every cell in his body.  The demented orange is by his own creation.  Make America Die Again ........... and again.  That's what ALL his followers want, a dictator orange that tell them what to do, read only his book and not think for themselves.  Watch those suckers die for him.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Danno

he looked like burnt toast the other day
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 19, 2024, 02:31 PMBiden(and many Democrats) say if Trump is re-elected then our democracy will end: "Our democracy is at stake!"
lol hyperbole much?

That's what all politicians do, they slander their opponents.
Did you watch the Newsom-DeSantis debate?
There was some good old fashioned mud-slinging going on there.
Newsom: "Why do you wear go-go boots Ron?"
DeSantis: "Why does San Francisco have feces everywhere Gavin?"
Also DeSantis: "Why did your wife sleep with Harvey Weinstein Gavin?
It's not about mudslinging. People with an understanding of history and authoritarian regimes have been saying this since Trump came down the escalator in 2015. Few took it seriously then because few took Trump the candidate seriously.

Now, we've lived through four years of Trump's attempts to destroy the institutions that our democracy depends on. We've seen him engage in a multi-faceted effort to cling to power even after he knew he'd lost the 2020 election. And he continues to claim he won, further damaging faith in our elections, despite getting his ass handed to him in sixty or so legal contests across the country.

Do you know who worried about a man like Trump destroying America's democracy? None other than Abraham Lincoln. In 1838, when he was just 28 years old, Lincoln gave a speech to the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois. His subject that day? The Perpetuation of our Political Institutions.

Lincoln spoke of the complacency that had naturally set in since the bygone days when Americans fought for (and won) their independence. He spoke of the mob violence that had then become prevalent, "the increasing disregard for law," and Americans' tendency, in the wake of the Founding Era, "to substitute the wild and furious passions, in lieu of the sober judgment of Courts."

He worried about a figure so ambitious that he would seek out distinction through any means, and if not by building, then by tearing down. Lincoln was wrong in suggesting this man would be a "towering genius," but he was right about such a man's ambition for distinction.

You can read the entire speech at the link below, but Lincoln's point was that the American experiment in self-governance was subject to failure if we disregard the rule of law. And Trump has been leading his millions of followers to disregard the rule of law so that he can distinguish himself at our expense.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jala/2629860.0006.103/--perpetuation-of-our-political-institutions-address?rgn=main;view=fulltext