Project 2025-Christian Nationalism

Started by HighStepper, Feb 20, 2024, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

MAGA – make America great again by making things like they were in the 1950s.

PROJECT 2025
https://www.project2025.org/

Building on the legacy of Mandate for Leadership, this comprehensive policy guide for the incoming presidential Administration will offer specific proposals for every major issue facing the country, pulling from the expertise of the entire conservative movement.

Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.
The Heritage Foundation's Project 2025 is the policy playbook for a second Trump administration.

Nationwide abortion bans, attacks on same-sex marriage, and restrictions on contraception are being openly discussed by Team Trump and the likely architects of his second term agenda."

Politico, which obtained the documents, reported that staffers at the Center for Renewing America (CRA) included "Christian nationalism"—the promotion of the belief that the U.S. was founded as a Christian country and should emphasize "Christian values" in its policies—on a list of priorities for a second Trump term.

Vought has been frequently named as a potential White House chief of staff should Trump win a second term, which could position him to carry out other proposals in the CRA document, including:
•   Invoking the Insurrection Act as soon as Trump takes office, allowing him to deploy the military to stop protests;
•   Impounding federal funds, or refusing to spend money appropriated by Congress, as former President Richard Nixon did to block agencies from taking on projects he opposed before Congress banned the practice; and
•   Creating other new ways to expand Trump's presidential power.
A close associate of Vought's, Wolfe served as deputy assistant secretary of defense and director of legislative affairs at the State Department under Trump. Wolfe called for a Christian nationalist government in which sex education in schools would be abolished and gestational surrogacy and no-fault divorce would be banned.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/trump-christian-nationalism
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land".

Bande

Nationwide abortion bans, attacks on same-sex marriage, and restrictions on contraception are being openly discussed by Team Trump and the likely architects of his second term agenda."
[/quote]

The subjects here has been addressed. the the States control this by way of voters voting.
Federal Government has no say and never should have   .
The People vote on what they want.
Many seem to want to be ran in a communist style.
Our freedoms & privacy taken away.

Romanticlover

In the 1950's America:
had a thriving economy, a thriving middle class, students were taught the pledge of allegiance, young people were taught to respect their elders, if you did drugs and committed crimes you were punished, didn't have a homeless crisis, we had relative world peace under the Eisenhower(R) administration, crazy people were sent to mental institutions, didn't have a welfare state.

Sounds pretty good to me.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Then Reagan defunded mental health, Reagan deinstitutionalized the mentally ill and emptied the psychiatric hospitals and that's what started the homeless crisis.
Jobs payed enough that only one parent had to work.
Corporate Tax Rate was over 50% with incentives to invest in their company, to lower their rate. Not give millions to the CEO that just got fired, like Boeing has done more than once.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

I guess the 1950's where great if you were a white male.

Romanticlover

The defunding of mental institutions started with JFK, it was the last bill he signed into law:

https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/23/community-mental-health-kennedy

Then his successor Lyndon "Bunghole" Johnson(D) pushed for the Great Society and our involvement in Vietnam.
America has been on a downfall since then thanks to Democrats.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

that was meant to make life better for those folks, Reagan just shut it down in California
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/commentary/story/2023-04-24/opinion-impact-of-deinstitutionalization-on-homelessness-reagan-mental-health-hospitals-san-diego

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 18, 2024, 10:44 AMThe defunding of mental institutions started with JFK, it was the last bill he signed into law:

https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/23/community-mental-health-kennedy

Then his successor Lyndon "Bunghole" Johnson(D) pushed for the Great Society and our involvement in Vietnam.
America has been on a downfall since then thanks to Democrats.

Romanticlover

Just throw more money at the problem right?
California has spent over $20 billion on homelessness and voters just approved prop 1 giving $6 billion more.
The money is being wasted and even Democrats are sounding the alarm.

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2024/02/california-billions-homelessness-crisis-growing/

Where is all of our money going?
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 18, 2024, 09:27 AMIn the 1950's America:
had a thriving economy, a thriving middle class, students were taught the pledge of allegiance, young people were taught to respect their elders, if you did drugs and committed crimes you were punished, didn't have a homeless crisis, we had relative world peace under the Eisenhower(R) administration, crazy people were sent to mental institutions, didn't have a welfare state.

The post-war economic boom, including steeply progressive marginal tax rates, accounted for the thriving middle class.

But it's hard to believe that people still romanticize an era when women and minority groups were treated as second-class citizens. Sounds good to you? Presumably, you're a straight white man, and for us, sure, things must have been pretty good. But large groups outside of ours were far more oppressed then than now, and it ain't great even now.

The MAGAs have fantasies about returning to a time that is long past while wishing away the issues they believe are inconvenient to them. Trump has given them license to openly hate people unlike themselves, and that's corrosive.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Apr 18, 2024, 03:10 AMNationwide abortion bans, attacks on same-sex marriage, and restrictions on contraception are being openly discussed by Team Trump and the likely architects of his second term agenda."

The subjects here has been addressed. the the States control this by way of voters voting.
Federal Government has no say and never should have  .
The People vote on what they want.
Many seem to want to be ran in a communist style.
Our freedoms & privacy taken away.
And just who is going to keep the Federal Government from taking away our freedoms under a Trump administration? They want to create a theocracy. Just like Iran became a theocracy.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 18, 2024, 09:27 AMIn the 1950's America:

The 1950s,the "Happy Days", were a time of prosperity in the United States due to several factors, including:
Government spending: The government continued to spend after World War II to build schools, homes, and infrastructure, including the Interstate Highway System.
  • Veterans: The G.I. Bill provided financial assistance, educational funding, and life-long medical care to World War II veterans.
  • Consumer demand: The war spurred industrial production and innovation, which led to a surge in consumer demand.
  • National unity: The war brought people together and instilled a shared sense of purpose and sacrifice.
  • Low taxes: The 1950s saw low taxes and balanced budgets.
  • First credit card: The 1950s saw the first credit card.
  • The shift in production from military equipment to consumer goods
  • The growing population
  • The baby boom
  • The housing boom
  • The agriculture boom
Despite the prosperity, 25% of citizens lived in poverty, with much of this poverty being "invisible".

As idyllic as those days may seem, they are gone forever. And as Danno pointed out, it was good for white males. Those were the good old days

Domestic violence against women was more sociably accepted in the 1950s.
https://avconline.avc.edu/bbeyer/Bb_WIO_Articles/Ch3_A/GoodWifesGuide_1955.pdf

Blacks in America in the 1950's lived with segregated schools, buses, restaurants, theatres, pools and even water fountains.

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 18, 2024, 03:37 PMBlacks in America in the 1950's lived with segregated schools, buses, restaurants, theatres, pools and even water fountains.

A sad chapter in our countries history thanks to southern Democrats, keep voting for the party of division.

The 50's were also a great time to work in aerospace.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

One more thing:
The Democrats refused or at least ignored the recent anti-Semitism on college campuses and nationwide protests that shutdown freeways, it took Republicans in Congress to get the college Presidents to do anything about it. Again proving the Democrats are the party of hate and division.

https://apnews.com/article/columbia-president-congress-israel-hamas-antisemitism-3255357b4443c1fb4bae8b8ea5774ee5

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 18, 2024, 05:10 PMA sad chapter in our countries history thanks to southern Democrats, keep voting for the party of division.
I see you made disparaging remarks about Lyndon Baines Johnson. Probably over disagreement with his The Great Society I'll forgo a debate over success and failures.

However, LBJ did more for black people than any president since Lincoln. He used a lot of his political capital to bring about the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Fighting the opposition of the Southern Democrats, who then joined the Republican Party.