Debate night

Started by Romanticlover, Jun 27, 2024, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

Watching it right now, Trump is on fire while Biden is a babbling old man.
Biden is an embarrassment and the world is watching.
Like Like x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Both are terrible but in different ways.

bats

Best Biden line of the night, speaking directly to Trump:

"You have the morals of an alley cat."

Hobby

I watched the debate Biden did poorly. Biden stumbled slurred and lost track what he was saying.  Trump was Trump came off strong and lied his ass off. Biden's poor performance will cause voters to rethink about voting for him and will help Trump.  I am so disappointed in Biden.  Dems need to replace Biden if they want to win in November after tonight I don't see Biden winning reelection.
Hobby

dogwalker

I agree with:
"I watched the debate. Biden did poorly. Biden stumbled slurred and lost track what he was saying.  Trump was Trump came off strong and lied his ass off."

I do not agree with:
Biden's poor performance will cause voters to rethink about voting for him and will help Trump.
Most voters (in general) have already made up their mind and there are bigger issues beyond who won a debate that they will vote for, for ideological reasons, in spite of Biden's issues.  Lesser of two evils.
However if you are talking about undecided voters in swing states where the race is close then I'd agree and that could be a problem for Biden. The election is 4 months away but I'm thinking Biden's incoherent performance tonight will be memorable for longer than that.

"Dems need to replace Biden if they want to win in November."
WAY too late for that, one would think?  If there was a better candidate that should have been done years ago, not now at the final minute.  Replace Biden and the Dems lose for sure IMO. That's the knight in shining armor riding up on a white horse to save the universe scenario at the last minute of a Hollywood movie. Who is that??  Biden wanted to run again.  The Dems had no better candidate (and as the argument goes, Biden is the only one that beat Trump) so they put themselves in this position.  Boo hoo.

dogwalker

Biden over prepared.  Tried to cram too much into too little time and came off as incomprehensible which on top of incoherence was awful.  He probably prepared scripts but when the debate didn't follow the script he was totally thrown off course for the most part.  Spent too much time "in the weeds" talking about minor things instead of major ones.  he completely wasted his closing statement by talking about minor items instead of the major topics asked by moderators at start of debate. 

Trump (supposedly) didn't prepare at all and just winged it which worked fairly well. However he did his usual thing of being offended by every comment against him and then spent time addressing the previous question instead of the current one.  A good way to deflect I guess.

The off topic conversation between them about who is a better golfer?  Hilariously stupid and totally relevant (not) to who can run a country.......

Tuscano

Biden got my $$$! FIRST TIME FOR A DEMOCRAT EVER!!!

Vorresti essere me

HighStepper

Biden came off as feeble looking while trying to truthfully answer questions.

Trump being typical Trump lied and avoided answering questions. Talked about things not even remotely connected to the questions ask.

As to how this will effect the election, both Bush and Obama had poor first debates, but went on to win their reelection bid.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Van Jones from CNN summed it up pretty well after the debate:
"Trump lied and deflected every question but he looked good and was coherent, Biden was honest but he looked terrible and was incoherent."
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Biden supposedly has a cold, but man he looked and sounded terrible. He does have the advantage of not being a sociopathic criminal, however, so I'd vote for him if he were comatose.

dogwalker

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 27, 2024, 09:39 PMVan Jones from CNN summed it up pretty well after the debate:
"Trump lied and deflected every question but he looked good and was coherent, Biden was honest but he looked terrible and was incoherent."
And it was amazing Van Jones would ever say that.

dogwalker

Quote from: bats on Jun 27, 2024, 10:02 PMBiden supposedly has a cold

That IMO is SO damn lame and apparently only came out AFTER the debate.  How convenient.
Did he sneeze once during the debate? No.  Did he wipe his nose? No.
Weird voice? Yes but that could be due to other things.
I've given presentations when I had a cold and although I felt like crap physically I still had my shit together menially.  He didn't.

thaikhan

This is all I heard happened

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 27, 2024, 10:26 PMThat IMO is SO damn lame and apparently only came out AFTER the debate.  How convenient.
Did he sneeze once during the debate? No.  Did he wipe his nose? No.
Weird voice? Yes but that could be due to other things.
I've given presentations when I had a cold and although I felt like crap physically I still had my shit together menially.  He didn't.
It came out during the debate. His people said he'd had it for a few days, but yes, it seems awfully fishy.

zoezane

Biden sutters sowhat.  I'm not voting for a racist child rapist Trump.  CNN lied, they didn't keep tract of falsehoods until this morning.  Here's a list of former Presidents that had disabilities.  Sowhat.  And, we're not perfect, none of us.  Neither is Biden and America is getting better if you have a positive outlook.  If you see everything with negativity, you will miss anything that's good.  Complainers and cry babies are victims of their own making.  Trump MAGA, it's not going to end well with their low vibration for hateful revenge.  Satanic Trump, his gift to the world is violence, torture and death.

Disabled Presidents with heallth issues.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor