Trump off the ballot

Started by citylyts, Dec 20, 2023, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

RFK Will say anything to get some press.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

My laymen's guess is that the Supreme Court should uphold that a President is included in the definition of federal officer. Further they should uphold that participating in an insurrection is disqualifying. However, they will overturn the Colorado Supreme Court ruling saying that Trump did not have adequate due process to establish that he participated in an insurrection and that what happened on January 6th can be legally termed an insurrection as outlined in the Constitution.

As pointed out previously, not being on the Colorado ballot is not the end of the world for Trump. I believe Crazy Cancun Cruz beat Trump in the 2016 Republican Primary. In the General Election trump lost in Colorado and is sure to lose Colorado again in 2024.

By the way, the Colorado suit was brought about by Republicans. If Trump doesn't win in the Primary Election, that would be good for Republicans and possibly bad for Democrats. Biden can't beat Nicky Hayley in the General Election.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 21, 2023, 02:22 PMI'm not a huge RFK Jr fan but he made some good points:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rfk-jr-issues-stark-warning-colorado-court-blocks-trump-ballot-country-will-become-ungovernable

"Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. stresses Colorado Supreme Court's ruling on Trump deprives voters of a 'fair election'"

Hilarious. Trump has spent 3 years trying to deprive voters of a fair election...

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Dec 21, 2023, 04:49 PM"Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. stresses Colorado Supreme Court's ruling on Trump deprives voters of a 'fair election'"

Hilarious. Trump has spent 3 years trying to deprive voters of a fair election...

Nothing the Demoncrats have not done in the past. 7 years.

This Supreme court ruling will not stand. Kinda hard since Trump has not been convicted nor charged with the allegations made...

People make the decisions not the Courts..

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Dec 21, 2023, 06:23 PMNothing the Demoncrats have not done in the past. 7 years.

This Supreme court ruling will not stand. Kinda hard since Trump has not been convicted nor charged with the allegations made...

People make the decisions not the Courts..

Uhm, stupid question. What is the job of the courts again?

Danno

The courts decided that W Bush was the President. Guess people forgot that.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Dec 21, 2023, 06:23 PMNothing the Demoncrats have not done in the past. 7 years.
Not true. No Democrat or Republican president in the history of this country has obstructed the peaceful transfer of power through illegal acts to deprive voters of a fair election.

zoezane

Blkfyre -did you see maga cult wearing t-shirts hang biden for treason ................?  These people are mentally ill.  Their faces are turning darker from evil offensive energies.  They don't even know how scary they look for themselves.  Maybe they avoid looking in the mirror?  Probably, thinking.  AND, more people are coming out how Trump smells like diapers (he was throwing his diapers at his cult waving hands).  What is wrong with theses people?  I know what to do when I see darkened faces with shirt.  Don't engage.  Waste of my words to share anything with them.  They get nothing.   You can't reason with stupid.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Dec 22, 2023, 04:18 PMNot true. No Democrat or Republican president in the history of this country has obstructed the peaceful transfer of power through illegal acts to deprive voters of a fair election.

Allegations you state. No charges or prosecution has been done.
You are basing this off a Demoncrats perspective in which is skewed.
In which anyone in their right mind could see through all the lies, false evidence (Fake) Demoncrats have put on the table, In the last 6 years.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Dec 27, 2023, 07:46 PMAllegations you state. No charges or prosecution has been done.
Come again?

I just realized you meant to say that he hasn't been convicted. Fair enough, because in this country, even a sociopath like Donald Trump deserves due process. And he's getting a lot more due process than most people.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Dec 27, 2023, 07:46 PMAllegations you state. No charges or prosecution has been done.
You are basing this off a Demoncrats perspective in which is skewed.
In which anyone in their right mind could see through all the lies, false evidence (Fake) Demoncrats have put on the table, In the last 6 years.
One has to have their head buried deep in MAGA world sand of denial to not know that Trump obstructed the peaceful transfer of power. Longtime conservative REPUBLICANS with sworn testimony under oath confirmed that Trump with his deranged lies about the election being stolen. He should have conceded the election like every other Presidential candidate that lost the election since this country was founded.

Fox admits to telling lies about the 2020 Election as part of the settlement. Fox News Pays $787.5M in Largest Ever Defamation Settlement with Dominion Voting Systems

Romanticlover

The CO secretary of state over-ruled the state supreme court, Trump is back on the ballot for the time being.
MI supreme court also said Trump can stay on the ballot. SCOTUS needs to make a decision before 1/5/24.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-republican-party-appeal-u-s-supreme-court-trump-ballot-ban/
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Now Maine banned him.  Can't people just write in his name?  What's the big deal other than maybe Trump's ego got hurt if his name is not printed on a ballot and there was a ruling against him?

Romanticlover

If Trump is banned by the secretary of state then voters who write in his name the ballot will be invalidated.
I doubt the SCOTUS will make a decision let alone hear the appeal by Jan 5th.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Yes I just realized that.  There is a difference between being removed from a ballot and being banned from being a candidate that can be voted for.  Maine won't determine the Presidential election so is it a disaster for Trump?