Trump off the ballot

Started by citylyts, Dec 20, 2023, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citylyts

Trump taken off the Ballot in Colorado. Trump don't like it.

zoezane

Trump don't like anything but himself
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Romanticlover

It's unconstitutional because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies, they will appeal the ruling to the SCOTUS where it will be overturned. How would Democrats feel if Biden wasn't allowed to be on a ballot?

https://thehill.com/homenews/4369924-trump-blocked-from-colorado-ballot-five-takeaways/
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 20, 2023, 01:26 PMIt's unconstitutional because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies, they will appeal the ruling to the SCOTUS where it will be overturned. How would Democrats feel if Biden wasn't allowed to be on a ballot?

https://thehill.com/homenews/4369924-trump-blocked-from-colorado-ballot-five-takeaways/
1. The ruling may well be overturned, but it won't be "because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies." That's not even remotely close to the issue.

2. Why on earth would Biden not be allowed on the ballot? There is no reason to keep him off the ballot, even theoretically, as is the case with Trump.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Dec 20, 2023, 02:02 PM1. The ruling may well be overturned, but it won't be "because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies." That's not even remotely close to the issue.

2. Why on earth would Biden not be allowed on the ballot? There is no reason to keep him off the ballot, even theoretically, as is the case with Trump.

1. It will be overturned because it's a stupid partisan ruling, 4-3 voted in favor of removing him, want to guess what party they belong to?

2. Biden is a crook.

This ruling is a slippery partisan slope, if a red state such as Florida or Texas blocked Biden(or any Democrat) there would be riots.

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 20, 2023, 04:04 PM1. It will be overturned because it's a stupid partisan ruling, 4-3 voted in favor of removing him, want to guess what party they belong to?

2. Biden is a crook.

This ruling is a slippery partisan slope, if a red state such as Florida or Texas blocked Biden(or any Democrat) there would be riots.
1. Initially, you claimed it would be overturned as unconstitutional because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies. Now, it's just "a stupid partisan ruling." How would you know? Have you read it? (That's a rhetorical question.)

2. The Republicans have been investigating Joe for a long time and they've yet to come up with any evidence.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Dec 20, 2023, 05:40 PM1. Initially, you claimed it would be overturned as unconstitutional because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies. Now, it's just "a stupid partisan ruling." How would you know? Have you read it? (That's a rhetorical question.)

2. The Republicans have been investigating Joe for a long time and they've yet to come up with any evidence.

1. I did read it and so can you:
https://www.npr.org/2023/12/20/1220583273/trump-colorado-supreme-court-ruling

2. "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f-ck things up." - Barrack Obama
Are we having fun yet?

citylyts

Well now California is thinking of doing it. The Lt Gov. of California is asking the Congress in Ca. to see if it can be done?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 20, 2023, 07:58 PM1. I did read it and so can you:
https://www.npr.org/2023/12/20/1220583273/trump-colorado-supreme-court-ruling
You read it? All 206 pages, including dissenting opinions? You're a better man than I, because when I saw how lengthy it was I decided my time would be better spent reading analyses by credible lawyers.

dogwalker

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 20, 2023, 01:26 PMIt's unconstitutional because Trump hasn't been convicted of any felonies, they will appeal the ruling to the SCOTUS where it will be overturned. How would Democrats feel if Biden wasn't allowed to be on a ballot?

Once again it's so amazing you can predict the future.

Also at the end of the day, whether courts are right or wrong (and they do make mistakes)
what they rule at a given time is what stands, like it or not.

zoezane

Trump made sure to appoint over 200 judges in his favor.  Trump is Russian.  And now the Supreme Court is not trusted by many Americans because of Trump's maga judges.  That Judge Amy is a weirdo, cult worshipper that kisses Trump's ass, EWW.

Congress haters, it's a circus, humiliating America, I did not vote for their childish games. Trump has made us all look like idiots with his mentally-ill tactics.  He still thinks Obama is President. And groping Ivanka is pedo, his followers approve are numb. He never does that with Melania. This country was build for the people not some raging, con artist that has stolen millions from America. 

I'm glad states are taking Hitler Trump off the ballot.  Go California, more will follow.  YES!  Trump was never a president but a lying, deceiving demon.
I have a voice and not stopping.  I see everything from the quantum field for truth.  Light warrior.

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-states-wanting-kick-trump-off-ballot-1854485

Trump looks terrible, the dumb ass is doing it to himself.  Trump screaming is not strong, but a spoiled bully brat his parents could not control.  Good, the light warriors for truth are wearing him down.  Trump can't even take care of his mental issues.  Mary Trump knows he's vile.  I stand with Mary Trump.

If Biden taken off the ballot, naw.  Perhaps, Maryann Williamson with win.  Good, she sees things different that will change everything.  We need a big change.  All the past ways are outdated, old thinking.

I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Danno

this is a nothing burger. Biden won CO. by a land slide. Now if a red state blocks him, then we have a story
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

zoezane

Trump barred from running based on the J6 events and on his cozy relationship with the Putin regime, it would be better booting a candidate off the ballot required an actual conviction.  This would prevent potential abuses, like what Republicans are threatening to do with Biden, where candidates can potentially be removed from the ballot for purely political reasons, based on nothing more than an unfounded accusation.

It's like this, boycott rioters were allowed but now being arrested for blocking traffic, business etc. 

JUST POSTED:  Adam Kinzinger, a former Republican representative, encouraged people to 'wear a mask' when they're in the presence of former president Donald Trump due to his apparent odor.

Donald Trump is polluting humans all around him.  He is a smelly traitor.  HA HA HA

Trump's magas are getting desperate.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Blkfyre

Quote from: Danno on Dec 21, 2023, 10:28 AMthis is a nothing burger. Biden won CO. by a land slide. Now if a red state blocks him, then we have a story

You are right, Trump losing CO is nothing, it was a gimmie for Biden.

But that wasn't the point.

The point is to set precedent. To have one state do it and survive a challenge. And if it does, believe me, MANY other states will be rushing to do the same. And with a precedent behind them, there will be no challenge to them doing it.

And all of a sudden Trump is losing electors like crazy...

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?