Trump off the ballot

Started by citylyts, Dec 20, 2023, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

so much for following the Constitution.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Mar 04, 2024, 09:29 AMso much for following the Constitution.
They are following the Constitution in which the People make the decision, not a individual state interfering with a Federal Election.
Unanimous decision 9 to 0. Imagine that..

Now it is up to the PEOPLE...

Danno

no, the ruling was that it's up to congress to decide. Which is stupid, The house has already impeached him for insurrection, now the senate is Dem controlled. get your popcorn. It's happening right now
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Bande on Mar 04, 2024, 06:15 PMThey are following the Constitution in which the People make the decision, not a individual state interfering with a Federal Election.

Trump will tell you it's only up to the people if he wins. If he loses, he'll lie, claim it was rigged, and try to overturn the results. And most of his followers will go along.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Mar 04, 2024, 06:15 PMThey are following the Constitution in which the People make the decision, not a individual state interfering with a Federal Election.

This case raises the question whether the States, in addition to Congress, may also enforce Section 3. We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office. But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency.
https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=17654
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

It should be noted that The Supreme Court did NOT honor Trump's request to find that he was not an insurrectionist.

Lower courts have made findings that Trump engaged in insurrection.

Bande

Quote from: Danno on Mar 04, 2024, 07:58 PMno, the ruling was that it's up to congress to decide. Which is stupid, The house has already impeached him for insurrection, now the senate is Dem controlled. get your popcorn. It's happening right now
Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 05, 2024, 12:45 AMIt should be noted that The Supreme Court did NOT honor Trump's request to find that he was not an insurrectionist.

Lower courts have made findings that Trump engaged in insurrection.

Yet he has yet to be charged nor convicted.
All yeterick fro Demoncrats...

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Mar 05, 2024, 07:57 PMYet he has yet to be charged nor convicted.
All yeterick fro Demoncrats...
Trump has been found guilty in civil courts which will cost him and his donors about a half billion dollars.

As to criminal charges, it's NOT rhetoric from Democrats, but rather grand juries made up of American citizens based on the testimony of mostly Republicans.

Trump has been criminally indicted in four separate criminal cases, with the following  two being most relevant to the topic of his trying to steal the election by overturning the will of the voters.
Criminal Indictment Filed Fulton County Superior Court
Washington Grand Jury Indictment of Trump

His lawyers have been very effective in trial delay tactics, so probably no convictions before the 2024 election.