Trump off the ballot

Started by citylyts, Dec 20, 2023, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 28, 2023, 05:36 PMThe CO secretary of state over-ruled the state supreme court, Trump is back on the ballot for the time being.
MI supreme court also said Trump can stay on the ballot. SCOTUS needs to make a decision before 1/5/24.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-republican-party-appeal-u-s-supreme-court-trump-ballot-ban/
The secretary of state did not (and could not) "overrule" the state supreme court. Rather, that court's ruling provided an automatic stay until January 4th or, if there is an appeal to the US Supreme Court, until SCOTUS rules.

The Colorado GOP has appealed to the US Supreme Court, and so now we wait for their ruling.

zoezane

https://twitter.com/i/status/1740543334647771268

MAJOR BREAKING: The Maine secretary of state has DISQUALIFIED Donald from the 2024 ballot under the 14th Amendment.

DONALD LOSES AGAIN.

Read more about this story on my newsletter. The link is in my bio!

Celebration is at my place tonight. 🥂 Come join us!

Stinky Diaper Don, she has left you by Melania.  He was kicked out of steak house in NY because his smell was off the wall disgusting

I LOVE IT -trump has made himself TOXIC by his insurrection traitor pedo crimes, HE SMELLS like HELL .......HA HA HA
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 28, 2023, 06:46 PMIf Trump is banned by the secretary of state then voters who write in his name the ballot will be invalidated.
I doubt the SCOTUS will make a decision let alone hear the appeal by Jan 5th.

"Colorado's Secretary of State Jena Griswold said Thursday that, with the appeal filed, Trump will be included as a candidate on the state's primary ballot unless the U.S. Supreme Court declines to hear the case or upholds the state supreme court's ruling."

So if the Court wants to kick it back down to lower courts to decide, then he'll stay off the ballot.

Blkfyre

Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 28, 2023, 06:56 PMYes I just realized that.  There is a difference between being removed from a ballot and being banned from being a candidate that can be voted for.  Maine won't determine the Presidential election so is it a disaster for Trump?

Precedent. Courts live and die by it. If the decision isn't struck down then other states who want to do it will point to it and say "See, the precedent of doing so is valid and legal" which makes it harder for those opposing it to say it's not legal to do so, which is a large part of Trump's side of the argument.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Dec 29, 2023, 12:18 PM"Colorado's Secretary of State Jena Griswold said Thursday that, with the appeal filed, Trump will be included as a candidate on the state's primary ballot unless the U.S. Supreme Court declines to hear the case or upholds the state supreme court's ruling."

So if the Court wants to kick it back down to lower courts to decide, then he'll stay off the ballot.

That's what I said that in my second post, why do you and bats have to repeat everything I say?
Just to be clear: THE SCOTUS NEEDS TO MAKE A DECISION BEFORE 1/5/24 OTHERWISE TRUMP WON'T BE ON THE BALLOT IN THOSE STATES.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 29, 2023, 01:34 PMJust to be clear: THE SCOTUS NEEDS TO MAKE A DECISION BEFORE 1/5/24 OTHERWISE TRUMP WON'T BE ON THE BALLOT IN THOSE STATES.

I'm going from memory here. As I understand it The Colorado Supreme court stayed the implementation of their ruling to kick Trump off the ballot until 1/4/2024 OR until Trump filed an appeal, OR SCOTUS refused to take the case or made a decision that overturned Colorado Court. So, the act of Trump filing an appeal effectively results in Trump being on the Colorado ballot.
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 29, 2023, 01:34 PMThat's what I said that in my second post, why do you and bats have to repeat everything I say?
Just to be clear: THE SCOTUS NEEDS TO MAKE A DECISION BEFORE 1/5/24 OTHERWISE TRUMP WON'T BE ON THE BALLOT IN THOSE STATES.
I didn't repeat what you said. I corrected one of your errors.

Now, HighStepper has corrected the other one (the one repeated by Blkfyre).

zoezane

I refuse to argue.  What I see is a lot of arguing over things, I have no control over.  I see big, money arguing men like never before fighting on the net. This whole thing with Trump, the mouthpiece for hate, he loves to see people fight.  Is this a big distraction for what is really already in this world?  Let's bring it on the Satanic worship right in the open, the lost souls, the sneaky tricksters who love to see us fight.  America needs another shock of truth that we are the biggest criminals for human trafficking 2023. 

I watched "Sound of Freedom".  Clients, I know can't even watch it.  It makes them cry, so horrid.  Thank you Trump, the leader of Pedos that stinks.  Drugged up Trump, his crimes are smelly and here.  America is numb, they can't face the truth.  We have been so spoiled with constitution freedoms that too many have forgotten a blessing.  So stay numb and keep the suffering a-going. 
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

My SCROTUM agreed to have oral augmentation on Feb 7th.

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 20, 2023, 04:04 PM1. It will be overturned because it's a stupid partisan ruling, 4-3 voted in favor of removing him, want to guess what party they belong to?

2. Biden is a crook.

This ruling is a slippery partisan slope, if a red state such as Florida or Texas blocked Biden(or any Democrat) there would be riots.

I don't know if the Supreme Court will over rule Colorado.  Supreme Court can't rule on if Trump committed insurrection or rebellion. My guess is they will say it is up to the state.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jan 06, 2024, 12:23 AMSupreme Court can't rule on if Trump committed insurrection or rebellion.
Who's gonna stop 'em? lol

Danno

Last I looked Biden didn't lead an insurrection
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

1st day of hearing before the Supreme Court.

A lifelong Republican is the name on the case that could remove Trump from the ballot. Norma Anderson — the Anderson in the Trump v. Anderson case that the Supreme Court will hear on Thursday — is taking on Trump over whether he is eligible to serve as president after his role in the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol.

Anderson was a Republican long before Trump. She recently reminisced to the Colorado Sun about being "on the Dewey side" in childhood games where the teams were FDR vs. Dewey. She served as a state lawmaker for nearly two decades, eventually rising to be majority leader in both chambers before leaving office in 2006. Link
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

QuoteWow RL you were right and we were wrong, you correctly predicted the SCOTUS decision.

I know, thank you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-trump-cannot-kicked-colorado-ballot-rcna132291
Are we having fun yet?