Name One Good Thing

Started by Hobby, Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 18, 2022, 04:24 PMI am on a fixed income of 1,156 state retirement and 960 SSI... I am really well off... At least during Trump I had a little to save, now I have nothing left over to save. I paid my bills and rent during the shutdown. I had no extended unemployment payments or any help other than the stimulus checks. Covid was not Trump's fault.  No matter who was President would not have made any difference to the outcome! Why do Democrats bring Trump into the discussion as if what Trump did or did not do justifies and excuses what Biden is doing? Today, Biden is in the hot seat! Democrats wanted Biden a dismal failure, and now they got him, trying to defend Biden is like beating a dead horse! Democrats will pay the price in the November election when Republicans take full control of Congress... I can hardly wait for Jan 2023 to hear who Democrats will blame for them losing the election and congress to Republicans.   

At least you could afford steaks for grilling I couldn't back in 2020 and now I can't afford hamburger meat... Mostly chicken which cost has increased as well.

And you know that 2022 5.9% SSI cola increase.  Medicare payment increased and inflation wiped that out...

Yes I did see a decrease in my income tax after Trump lowered the tax rates.... and so did many others.

Funny, according to Bloomberg prices on beef went UP with Trump: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/beef-prices-hit-record-with-trump-ordering-plants-to-stay-open-1.1428803

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 18, 2022, 04:45 PMCome on Hobby, every president loses seats in the mid terms.  Only once they did not and that was Bush right after 911. Daily, you tell us it's just shocking that it's happening to Biden..  Lol.  Yup. He may lose seats, may lose control of the house and senate. 

If you think full gridlock is good, then it's great for you.  I personally like a president and a congress to accomplish the needs of the people but that's just me. 

At least we will get 2 years to see how much the Republicans can accomplish.  Looking forward to their healthcare plan.  All the bills they will push through to drop the price of oil and get rid of inflation.  What a great opportunity for them!   

If gridlock will stop Biden from doing any more damage I am all in! Republicans take over Congress and impeach Biden and Harris, the new speaker of the house will become POTUS and that could be Trump if the Republican lead house selects Trump as speaker...  Now should Trump become POTUS again and finish out Biden's term then Trump can run for another 4 years and if reelected means you guys will have Trump for 6 years... How about that sports fans? Woudn't that be something...

Danno

the price of beef in the desert is high
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Apr 18, 2022, 10:26 PMthe price of beef in the desert is high

It's the same price as just about anywhere, way too expensive for me, has to be trucked in unless you live next door to the slaughterhouse. All farm crops are harvested and sold to brokers who ship the meat or produce to a centralized location and then redistributed from there. Beef might go to a slaughterhouse say in Fresno or Stockton then the beef is shipped out where it is redistributed to the market buyers' distribution centers, then redistributed again to the stores, or something like this....

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 18, 2022, 10:22 PMIf gridlock will stop Biden from doing any more damage I am all in! Republicans take over Congress and impeach Biden and Harris, the new speaker of the house will become POTUS and that could be Trump if the Republican lead house selects Trump as speaker...  Now should Trump become POTUS again and finish out Biden's term then Trump can run for another 4 years and if reelected means you guys will have Trump for 6 years... How about that sports fans? Woudn't that be something...
WTF are you smoking these days? I think I'd like some.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 19, 2022, 01:51 AMWTF are you smoking these days? I think I'd like some.

Only the good stuff! LOL

Danno

Gas at Safeway is down 50 cents. Guess we should thank Biden, since they want to blame him for rise.

Danno

Hobby says he gets 1,156 state retirement and 960 SSI... I am really well off. Looks more like paycheck to paycheck.

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Apr 19, 2022, 09:34 AMGas at Safeway is down 50 cents. Guess we should thank Biden, since they want to blame him for rise.

That's good news... hope it continues to fall...

Danno

the stations can't lower prices until they use the gas in their tanks that cost them more.

Hobby

Hasn't done... you just can't leave you know who out of it! I'm sure voters in November will take what biden hasn't done into consideration when they kick democrats to the curb...lol

Danno

kick to the curb and the Repubs will be taking that SSI check. lol, good thing I don't need mine. All that money you paid in. Gone if they get their way.

Hobby

A scare tactic Democrats used in the past and still lost the election is the best you got? Neither party in the past 20 years has done much for SSI recipients!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 19, 2022, 05:56 PMA scare tactic Democrats used in the past and still lost the election is the best you got? Neither party in the past 20 years has done much for SSI recipients!

Scare tactic? You mean like "Democrats are taking away your guns?"

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 19, 2022, 06:46 PMScare tactic? You mean like "Democrats are taking away your guns?"

Democrats have made no secret they want to take the guns. That's a reality, not a tactic!