Name One Good Thing

Started by Hobby, Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidinacandystore

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 19, 2022, 06:50 PMDemocrats have made no secret they want to take the guns. That's a reality, not a tactic!
True, and they are not even hiding it anymore...The Dems/libs saw how easy it was for a what-used-to-be-normal country like Australia/New Zealand to control their citizens with forced lock downs and concentration camps when the Chinese virus was unleashed and the people have no guns to fight such draconian measures.  A simplistic statement, yes, but true none-the-less.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 19, 2022, 06:50 PMDemocrats have made no secret they want to take the guns. That's a reality, not a tactic!

Republican fear mongers have been saying Democrats are coming after your guns since before Clinton. You still have guns, i.e.: Scare tactic.

Hobby

Oh, so Democrats don't want to do away with guns, just fear-mongering by Republicans... go sell bullshit someplace else!  We still have guns because Republicans had enough votes to stop Democrats... No fear-mongering... Democrats have tried to and continue to present legislation to eliminate guns or to put controls that would do about the same. There is no debate about this...it is fact.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 19, 2022, 10:20 PMDemocrats have tried to and continue to present legislation to eliminate guns or to put controls that would do about the same. There is no debate about this...it is fact.
This is ridiculous. The most important Supreme Court precedent, fucked up as it is, guarantees individuals the right to have guns at home for self-protection. That's not going to change. The only question is whether the gun nuts will agree to a few common-sense reforms that won't even infringe on the rights that have been clearly established. (Spoiler alert: Today's Republicans will NEVER agree to even the mildest of common-sense reforms.)

Fishhunter

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PMI  wish someone could name just one good thing Biden has done for us?  Just one that has had a positive effect! So far it has been nothing but disaster after disaster with Biden.
Totally agree!
Life is what you make it

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 20, 2022, 12:50 AMThis is ridiculous. The most important Supreme Court precedent, fucked up as it is, guarantees individuals the right to have guns at home for self-protection. That's not going to change. The only question is whether the gun nuts will agree to a few common-sense reforms that won't even infringe on the rights that have been clearly established. (Spoiler alert: Today's Republicans will NEVER agree to even the mildest of common-sense reforms.)

The right to bear arms does not define when or where citizens can exercise their right nor restrict it to only at home. The right to bear arms is as much a right as freedom of speech, and religion. Nor does the amendment state that states have the right to regulate and control who can own guns. In order to establish regulations to control gun firearms, the amendment needs to be changed. Democrats have wanted to make changes from banning guns altogether to restriction of sales. Nevada has open loaded carry, I have no issues with this. I am pretty certain our founders debated who could own guns and when are where but chose to leave it as the right to bear arms without restrictions. Most likely founders realized regulating a right is no right at all. Regulating freedom is not freedom!

HighStepper

For a historical perspective on "founding fathers" view on the 2nd amendment, see the Whiskey Rebellion which was a 1794 uprising of farmers and distillers in western Pennsylvania in protest of a whiskey tax enacted by the federal government.

President Washington himself gave orders to form a militia of 13,000 men to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. His words later were ".....this is how a "well-regulated Militia" should be used to serve the government in maintaining a strong "security" in each state, as the Second Amendment of The Bill of Rights intended."
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 20, 2022, 12:47 PMFor a historical perspective on "founding fathers" view on the 2nd amendment, see the Whiskey Rebellion which was a 1794 uprising of farmers and distillers in western Pennsylvania in protest of a whiskey tax enacted by the federal government.

President Washington himself gave orders to form a militia of 13,000 men to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. His words later were ".....this is how a "well-regulated Militia" should be used to serve the government in maintaining a strong "security" in each state, as the Second Amendment of The Bill of Rights intended."

As you stated this is as the second amendment of the bill of rights intended is your preception not everyone's.  Washington was stating this from a military perspective, not as a regular citizen which the amendment was meant to protect. If the founders intended for only the militia to bear arms they would have said so. Founders did not want a only armed militia that could over through and take control of our government, they saw the wisdom in the right for everyone to have the right to bear arms. A well-formed militia could be a group of armed citizens putting down an uprising to overthrow the government of towns and states. The bill of rights was passed to protect and ensure individuals' rights and freedoms from an abusive, intrusive, government at any level of government.

HighStepper

No, I didn't advance my perspective. You brought in the founding fathers.
I gave you the intent as expressed by The Founding Father, George Washington.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 20, 2022, 04:36 PMI just don't understand why fully automatic machine guns aren't legal? Bazookas? Flame throwers?  Why can't I have them?

If the government sends jet fighters or tanks to my home, I should have the ability to have some type of surface to air missiles, right?

So... we draw a line at what is unreasonable?  Who draws the line?  I guess we all will fight for where the line get's drawn.  The left want's it where so many kids and congregated people don't get slaughtered.  The right want's it where more crazies can get their hands on bigger and more powerful killing machines.

Who is right??  It doesn't matter...

This thread has turned to Silly!

Fishhunter

I just can't believe that's the best Democrat they could possibly put in to office! My God he's got one foot in the grave and people have to point him where to walk! He's a freaking joke..... I don't think he's done one good thing in office. As far as I can see he's a pawn for everybody else to tell him what to do and say!
Life is what you make it

Hobby

Quote from: Fishhunter on Apr 20, 2022, 05:29 PMI just can't believe that's the best Democrat they could possibly put in to office! My God he's got one foot in the grave and people have to point him where to walk! He's a freaking joke..... I don't think he's done one good thing in office. As far as I can see he's a pawn for everybody else to tell him what to do and say!

And from what I heard Biden has to wear Depends...

Bande

Quote from: bats on Apr 20, 2022, 12:50 AMThis is ridiculous. The most important Supreme Court precedent, fucked up as it is, guarantees individuals the right to have guns at home for self-protection. That's not going to change. The only question is whether the gun nuts will agree to a few common-sense reforms that won't even infringe on the rights that have been clearly established. (Spoiler alert: Today's Republicans will NEVER agree to even the mildest of common-sense reforms.)
You might want to do more research and you will change that thought.
You are flag bearing as well I take it. Everyone is due a flag for participation..
Lots of Delusional people.

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 17, 2022, 06:44 PMReduced unemployment LMAO inevitable to happen. No thanks to Biden...

Supported Transgender servicepeople  Yep 1% of the Country . Lets put all our resources on 1%ers.

Reversed Trump-era policies on travel restrictions on people from a number of Muslim-majority countries
Ended family separation policy and created a task force to reunite families separated at the border.

Fact is Trump had the BEST Border controls ever. Biden has a disastrously / dangerous boarder along with a Fentanyl disaster.
If he rescinds title 42 we will have a Major DISASTER AHEAD. The disaster now will be nothing.

But, hey you are good for this..

Bande

Quote from: Zep on Apr 17, 2022, 06:36 PM1.  Covid...   Where'd that go?
More deaths and sickness under Bidens watch than with Trump during the peak.

2.  Infrastructure...  Why didn't Trump, Obama, Bush make it happen?
Infrastructure is a joke. Like a Bank for Bidens pet projects. Just like Newskums gas tax that does not help the roads.

3.  Afghanistan....    How many of our boys are dying there this year?
Afghanistan a MASSIVE failure.. How many of our citizens & supporters left behind? Crazy.
Massive equipment left behind. Typical since politicians think we have DEEP pockets.
Along with all these flights that were denied clearance to evacuate people. We had the planes & Bidens administration DENIED clearance.