Name One Good Thing

Started by Hobby, Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 20, 2022, 10:15 AMThe right to bear arms does not define when or where citizens can exercise their right nor restrict it to only at home. The right to bear arms is as much a right as freedom of speech, and religion. Nor does the amendment state that states have the right to regulate and control who can own guns. In order to establish regulations to control gun firearms, the amendment needs to be changed.
Individuals don't get to interpret the meaning of the words of the Constitution in a vacuum. Where a dispute arises, the Courts decide what those words mean. Ultimately, of course, the Supreme Court has the final say, and once they've made their holdings we don't get to fall back on our own amateur interpretations.

In 2008 the Supreme Court resolved certain issues with respect to gun laws in D.C. Specifically, the court said the government can't ban handguns in people's homes intended for self-defense. But the court also noted that existing laws regulating guns weren't affected by their decision.

You can read all about it in this summary from the excellent, non-partisan scotusblog.com:

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/dc-v-heller/

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 20, 2022, 09:01 PMYou might want to do more research and you will change that thought.
You are flag bearing as well I take it. Everyone is due a flag for participation..
Lots of Delusional people.
Change which thought? What is your comment about "flag-bearing" supposed to imply?

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 20, 2022, 11:07 PMIndividuals don't get to interpret the meaning of the words of the Constitution in a vacuum. Where a dispute arises, the Courts decide what those words mean. Ultimately, of course, the Supreme Court has the final say, and once they've made their holdings we don't get to fall back on our own amateur interpretations.

In 2008 the Supreme Court resolved certain issues with respect to gun laws in D.C. Specifically, the court said the government can't ban handguns in people's homes intended for self-defense. But the court also noted that existing laws regulating guns weren't affected by their decision.

You can read all about it in this summary from the excellent, non-partisan scotusblog.com:

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/dc-v-heller/

To hear you tell it, all this time I thought it was you that interpreted the meanings.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 21, 2022, 06:39 AMTo hear you tell it, all this time I thought it was you that interpreted the meanings.
That's not much of a defense of your inaccurate position.

Hobby

Don't have to defend anything, it is my opinion.  Opinions are just that nothing more. If you want people to know you are smarter than me, I admit it, you are smarter than me. Hell, sometimes my dog is smarter than me! You are always right and have all the answers, you should run for president. You could not do worse than Biden and you probably know who the President of the United States is! LOL

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 22, 2022, 08:18 AMDon't have to defend anything, it is my opinion.  Opinions are just that nothing more. If you want people to know you are smarter than me, I admit it, you are smarter than me. Hell, sometimes my dog is smarter than me! You are always right and have all the answers, you should run for president. You could not do worse than Biden and you probably know who the President of the United States is! LOL

That's funny as you and others who share your viewpoint challenge people who don't think like you all the time to defend why they voted the way they did, why they support the person they do. Open mocking and making fun of them ("Libitards" comes to mind, a term used by quite a few) and the question "How can you support_____?" is asking people to defend their opinion...

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 22, 2022, 08:18 AMDon't have to defend anything, it is my opinion.
What's the expression? You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts?

You claimed the following:

"In order to establish regulations to control gun firearms, the amendment needs to be changed."

I simply pointed out that this claim was factually incorrect, as the Supreme Court has let stand plenty of regulations to control firearms despite having every opportunity to invalidate them.

And I'm not trying to show people that I'm the smart one. If that is even true, it's probably just a coincidence. LOL

Fishhunter

Life is what you make it

Bande

Quote from: Zep on Apr 18, 2022, 07:08 AMSo nothing trump could do about Covid. In was a world disaster?  Reminds me of price of oil.  But that you say is on Biden?
Trump sped up vaccination production and got it out.
Biden did nothing. Trumps doing.

What could have been if Trump had taken Covid seriously.
yep, Trump did nothing. Who got the vaccine out quick.
Who had more covid deaths??? BINGO Biden. The main part of Covid hit during Trumps administration.
Proves everything enacted by Biden did not work. Shot our economy to hell though.
Follow the science. Not the science of the puppets who were paid to speak for the agenda.

Afghanistan.. why didn't former presidents get us out?  Probably another 200-400 dead by now.
Bidens disastrous exit. Yep, I would be proud leaving back Citizens and military equipment.
Lets deplete our military of the weapons we built up the last 4 years. PROUD MOMENT for sure.
Trump was working on a exit plan.
How about Isis in which was formed under the Obama/Biden administration. Anouther PROUD moment.

Many constructions of bridges that Republican congressmen are now taking credit for in their home states, even when they voted against the bill. SMH
You may want to educate yourself on the bill and follow the $$$, you may realize why they voted against the bill.

Bidens Administration is the worse Administration we have seen in years. But, Hey, we got rid of someone that hurt feelings..
Demoncrats are proving how pussified and stupid people are following Demoncrats Ideas..

Romanticlover

Some good news: a judge blocked Title 42 from ending on Monday
Are we having fun yet?

Tuscano

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PMI  wish someone could name just one good thing Biden has done for us?  Just one that has had a positive effect! So far it has been nothing but disaster after disaster with Biden.
I live by my father's quote..." the best government is one in gridlock! then they can't fuck things up!"
Vorresti essere me