Name One Good Thing

Started by Hobby, Apr 17, 2022, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

I  wish someone could name just one good thing Biden has done for us?  Just one that has had a positive effect! So far it has been nothing but disaster after disaster with Biden.

Blkfyre

Reduced unemployment
Supported Transgender servicepeople
Reversed Trump-era policies on travel restrictions on people from a number of Muslim-majority countries
Ended family separation policy and created a task force to reunite families separated at the border.

Hobby

Still waiting for just 1 good thing Biden has done for us!

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 17, 2022, 08:41 PMOk so you wish soldiers were still dying in Afghanistan?  Wish our bridges and roads weren't getting needed improvements?   Wish Covid was rampant like the Trump years?   Got it...

What improvement are bridges and roads getting? There was no vaccine during Trump years... no cure. The economy had to be shut down same as everywhere in the world in 2020.  Oh yes, the pull-out from Afghanistan was done so well! The Taliban thank Biden... Give me a break will you... Biden has never had and will never have clue, hell he can't even follow a teleprompter without fucking up...

Hobby

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 08:52 PMWhat improvement are bridges and roads getting? There was no vaccine during Trump years... no cure. The economy had to be shut down same as everywhere in the world in 2020.  Oh yes, the pull-out from Afghanistan was done so well! The Taliban thank Biden... Give me a break will you... Biden has never had and will never have clue, hell he can't even follow a teleprompter without fucking up...

I did not like Trump however some things he did help our nation. Biden on the other hand is a disaster. I think those that give Biden the benefit of doubt are either really dumb or very well off that the inflation and what is happening does not affect them... Me I am on fixed income and pissed me off today my coffee went up 2 bucks per pound and this is at Walmart.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 07:59 PMStill waiting for just 1 good thing Biden has done for us!

So basically your question has no answer as you will never think anything Biden has done is good...

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 17, 2022, 11:24 PMSo basically your question has no answer as you will never think anything Biden has done is good...

When someone can find something Biden has done to help us I will. So far the majority of Americans see Biden as a total failure.

kidinacandystore

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 18, 2022, 07:14 AMWhen someone can find something Biden has done to help us I will. So far the majority of Americans see Biden as a total failure.

Totally agree!

Hobby

Quote from: kidinacandystore on Apr 18, 2022, 07:18 AMTotally agree!

What is worse is Biden has no plan to fix anything. I heard Biden's plan when the Covid ban is to speed up the processing of illegals and get them into the US as fast as possible, warp speed!

Danno

Really, where have you been while Republicans voted down everything put forth to help the USA
Quote from: Hobby on Apr 18, 2022, 07:38 AMWhat is worse is Biden has no plan to fix anything. I heard Biden's plan when the Covid ban is to speed up the processing of illegals and get them into the US as fast as possible, warp speed!
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Hobby

Really, where have you been while Republicans voted down everything put forth to help the USA

Pray tell, what did Republicans vote down?  During Trump's term Democrats were trying to get passed all sorts of liberal agendas passed.  Biden became president and started implementing those liberal agendas and now look what happened... Record high inflation, millions of illegals crossing our border... just great! How do liberals plan to feed all the immigrants pouring into the US when Americans themselves are finding it difficult to put food on their plates!

Build Back Better... Brillant spend more money causing inflation to reach double digits... Democrats won't have to be concerned much longer.  The way it is now if the mid-term election was held today not only would Republicans control the House all of Congress with a whopping majority.

bats

Some of it is what Biden hasn't done. For example:
  • He hasn't illegally withheld critical aid to Ukraine in a blatant effort to extort Zelensky into saying he had dirt on his political opponent.
  • He hasn't attacked the free press as the enemy of the people, thereby undermining confidence in one of our most important democratic institutions.
  • He hasn't said that the only way Democrats can lose elections is if the voting is rigged, thereby undermining confidence in another of our most important democratic institutions.
  • He hasn't obstructed any investigations into his misconduct. (Notably, there haven't needed to be any such investigations in the first place.)
  • He hasn't agreed with Putin over our own intelligence agencies on important national security issues.
  • He hasn't written any love letters to any dictators.

Danno

name a few things that Biden did to cause inflation, and the keystone pipeline isn't one of them. would not of been completed. oil was going to be shipped to other countries not used here.
Quote from: Hobby on Apr 18, 2022, 09:58 AMReally, where have you been while Republicans voted down everything put forth to help the USA

Pray tell, what did Republicans vote down?  During Trump's term Democrats were trying to get passed all sorts of liberal agendas passed.  Biden became president and started implementing those liberal agendas and now look what happened... Record high inflation, millions of illegals crossing our border... just great! How do liberals plan to feed all the immigrants pouring into the US when Americans themselves are finding it difficult to put food on their plates!

Build Back Better... Brillant spend more money causing inflation to reach double digits... Democrats won't have to be concerned much longer.  The way it is now if the mid-term election was held today not only would Republicans control the House all of Congress with a whopping majority.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Oh my, there is so much to unpack here.

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 08:52 PMWhat improvement are bridges and roads getting?

On November 15, 2021, President Biden signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) (Public Law 117-58, also known as the "Bipartisan Infrastructure Law") into law. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law is the largest long-term investment in our infrastructure and economy in our Nation's history. It provides $550 billion over fiscal years 2022 through 2026 in new Federal investment in infrastructure, including in ROADS, BRIDGES, and mass transit, water infrastructure, resilience, and broadband.

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 08:52 PM... hell he can't even follow a teleprompter without fucking up...

The knock on Obama was he used a teleprompter. Trump couldn't stay on teleprompter script...loose cannon.

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 17, 2022, 08:58 PMI think those that give Biden the benefit of doubt are either really dumb or very well off that the inflation and what is happening does not affect them... Me I am on fixed income and pissed me off today my coffee went up 2 bucks per pound and this is at Walmart.

When Biden came into office a lot of people were hurting financially. Many of those people would have loved to have been on a fixed income having money they could count on. A government pension or solvent retirement. The Trump tax cuts were not helping most people.

Having income that is predictable and stable is something a lot of people lost during Covid shut downs.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also called the COVID-19 Stimulus Package, saved a lot of people financially. It stimulated the economy, however it has contributed to inflation.
So it all depends on one's personal situation. Stimulus checks helped some to buy food for their families and others to buy some pussy.

Yes my steaks for grilling and my bacon cost more now. However, I thank my God everyday that I'm not among those in the world starving because of the actions of some political leaders.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

I am on a fixed income of 1,156 state retirement and 960 SSI... I am really well off... At least during Trump I had a little to save, now I have nothing left over to save. I paid my bills and rent during the shutdown. I had no extended unemployment payments or any help other than the stimulus checks. Covid was not Trump's fault.  No matter who was President would not have made any difference to the outcome! Why do Democrats bring Trump into the discussion as if what Trump did or did not do justifies and excuses what Biden is doing? Today, Biden is in the hot seat! Democrats wanted Biden a dismal failure, and now they got him, trying to defend Biden is like beating a dead horse! Democrats will pay the price in the November election when Republicans take full control of Congress... I can hardly wait for Jan 2023 to hear who Democrats will blame for them losing the election and congress to Republicans.   

At least you could afford steaks for grilling I couldn't back in 2020 and now I can't afford hamburger meat... Mostly chicken which cost has increased as well.

And you know that 2022 5.9% SSI cola increase.  Medicare payment increased and inflation wiped that out...

Yes I did see a decrease in my income tax after Trump lowered the tax rates.... and so did many others.