Stock Market Dump

Started by Romanticlover, Sep 13, 2022, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

The stock market took a huge dump today because inflation is up 8.3% YOY and Biden is saying everything is fine.
I will take mean tweets and cheap gas over President potato head any day.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

you can always move to another country for cheaper gas, oh wait no you can't, because it's a world wide price increase.
I prefer the president that didn't try to over throw the government that left 5 people dead.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Crude oil is $87.50 today, there's no reason the price of gas in California should be $5 a gallon other than greed.
Two more months until Americans stop the insanity in Congress, two more years until we say goodbye to potato head.

Carry on bitching and moaning about a former President while we suffer the consequences of a failed President with dementia.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

The S&P 500 sank 4.3%, its biggest drop since June 2020. The Dow fell 3.9% and the Nasdaq composite closed 5.2% lower. The sell-off ended a four-day winning streak for the major stock indexes and erased an early rally in European markets.

To be sure, the stock market's losses only return the S&P 500 close to where it was before its recent winning streak. That run was built on hopes that Tuesday's inflation report would show a more comforting slowdown. The ensuing wipeout fits what's become a pattern on Wall Street this year: Stocks fall on worries about inflation, turn higher on hopes the Fed may ease up on rates and then fall again when data undercuts those hopes.

Expectations for a more aggressive Fed also helped the dollar add to its already strong gains for this year. The dollar has been surging against other currencies in large part because the Fed has been hiking rates faster and by bigger margins than many other central banks.
Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 13, 2022, 07:32 PMCrude oil is $87.50 today, there's no reason the price of gas in California should be $5 a gallon other than greed.
Two more months until Americans stop the insanity in Congress, two more years until we say goodbye to potato head.

Carry on bitching and moaning about a former President while we suffer the consequences of a failed President with dementia.

Why is it when Trump was in office Republican's had open season on Obama and hell, even Hillary, but now it's "STOP TALKING ABOUT TRUMP HE'S NOT IN OFFICE ANYMORE!!!"?

Fathernature69

Quote from: Danno on Sep 13, 2022, 07:09 PMyou can always move to another country for cheaper gas, oh wait no you can't, because it's a world wide price increase.
I prefer the president that didn't try to over throw the government that left 5 people dead.

Don't even have to move to another country.  Just a move a few short states away and you can find gas for $2.96. 

Don't believe me:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/oklahoma/tulsa

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 13, 2022, 07:32 PMCarry on bitching and moaning about a former President while we suffer the consequences of a failed President with dementia.
It would be preferable by most people to not bitch and moan about a former President, like if he did like most former presidents, fade away from politics. HOWEVER, Trump insists on being political active. He is a current threat to democracy, so he has to be dealt with, like it or not.

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 13, 2022, 07:32 PMCarry on bitching and moaning about a former President while we suffer the consequences of a failed President with dementia.
We have had debates on how much of the current state of affairs can be directly attributed to Biden. One thing is certain we would not be better off had Trump been reelected. Some people may have a fondness for what life was like back in 2016-2020 when Trump happened to be President. However, we are not back there anymore. The world has changed. Biden had little control over a changing world. Now, you certainly can argue how appropriate Biden's response to a changing world was. We can Monday morning quarterback, review the game film and see the errors.

Dementia is not a specific disease but is rather a general term for the impaired ability to remember, think, or make decisions that interferes with doing everyday activities. CDC Link

I believe your thinking Biden has dementia is more of a subjective impression than objective clinical analysis. It could be said that Trump has dementia, except Trump is more delusional in his demented state. .

A Hill-HarrisX poll from July found that 56% of voters thought that Biden was mentally fit to be president and 60% thought he was physically fit. The same poll found lower numbers for Trump: 45% mentally fit and 56% physically fit. A Fox News poll from July found 47% of voters thought Biden had the mental soundness to serve effectively as president, compared to 43% for Trump. A Monmouth poll in July found that 52% of voters have confidence that Biden has the physical and mental stamina to be president. Trump clocked in at 45%, though more voters are very confident in Trump (33%) to Biden (23%).
Link

Romanticlover

It's Biden and the Democrats in Congress why inflation is where it's at, don't say he has little control of the economy.
All of this reckless spending is taking it's toll and all the financial experts agree, Biden wants to add more debt by forgiving up to $10,000 in student debt. Get ready for another prime rate hike next week due to the inflation.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 13, 2022, 10:16 PMIt's Biden and the Democrats in Congress why inflation is where it's at, don't say he has little control of the economy.
All of this reckless spending is taking it's toll and all the financial experts agree, Biden wants to add more debt by forgiving up to $10,000 in student debt. Get ready for another prime rate hike next week due to the inflation.

We have previously discussed Inflation causes and presidential involvement.

So, you have a different opinion, be that as it may, what is the Republican leadership plans for dealing with inflation?

Danno

Lived there, I would drive around that state. Upper class income is $50,000/ yr

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Sep 13, 2022, 08:50 PMDon't even have to move to another country.  Just a move a few short states away and you can find gas for $2.96. 

Don't believe me:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/oklahoma/tulsa

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 13, 2022, 10:16 PMIt's Biden and the Democrats in Congress why inflation is where it's at, don't say he has little control of the economy.
It's pretty funny how right-wingers are indignant about a modest amount of student loan forgiveness but thought $2Trillion in tax cuts for the rich was perfectly okay. Hypocrites.

Romanticlover

These students can pay their own way, why should the working class who don't go to Ivy League schools pay for those who do?
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Sep 14, 2022, 10:33 AMSo, you have a different opinion, be that as it may, what is the Republican leadership plans for dealing with inflation?

I have no idea but it's got to be better than the past two years.

Are we having fun yet?

lifes_good

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 14, 2022, 07:58 PMI have no idea but it's got to be better than the past two years.

Agree - Just about anything would be better than 2 years of Covid and Putin.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Sep 14, 2022, 07:40 PMThese students can pay their own way, why should the working class who don't go to Ivy League schools pay for those who do?

Such a great point! Also, why should people who don't have children pay taxes that fund public schools? And why should anyone who doesn't drive a car or ride a bus pay taxes that fund public roadways?

And why should healthy people pay for the cost of public hospitals? And if I don't visit national parks, why should I have to pay taxes that go toward their upkeep?