George Santos

Started by HighStepper, Jan 11, 2023, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Pedro Vilarva, a man who lived with George Santos for a year and rebuffed multiple marriage proposals from him, said in an interview, "Toward the end of the relationship I started finding out about the lies, then I broke up with him and I went on my way." Link

Republican Elise Stefanik was a key in validating for Santos in their shared home state and often touted the candidate in public and private forums. Several prominent GOP donors told CNN that they gave to Santos, who was largely unknown to them, because Stefanik, the state's most influential elected Republican and a prolific fundraiser, backed him.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said last week that he "always had a few questions about" the veracity of Santos' resume. Still, he headlined a fundraiser for Santos in October, about five weeks before the election, according to a promotion of the event. Neither McCarthy, Stefanik, nor other prominent Republicans who have supported Santos are calling for him to resign.

Multiple Republican operatives in Washington and New York told CNN that they found it implausible that Stefanik had not been aware of Santos' falsehoods, given rumors about Santos had been passed around in GOP circles since at least the summer of 2021.

Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Santos removed himself from the only committee he was on but now many in the House want a vote to expel him:
https://www.longislandpress.com/2023/02/10/house-resolution-expel-santos/
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

I think there are currently about 8 Republicans that would vote to oust him. Along with all the Democrats there would be enough for the resolution to pass. What is key is Kevin McCarthy allowing it to go on the floor for a vote.

Danno

They will never kick him out. falls in line, GOP Poster boy on how to lie.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Santos use to be a registered Democrat and lets not forget so was Trump most of his life, my favorite is Anthony "likes to show his" Weiner*(D-NY).
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

Lying has nothing to do with what political party one is in.
People will be ethical or not but that's usually due to other factors like how they were raised.
I have been wondering if Santos has ever said anything truthful....haha.
Maybe he has "truth dyslexia"?

Romanticlover

The media has been obsessed with Santos but they neglected to report on Sen. Fetterman(D-PA), he has mental and physical problems and hasn't spent anytime in Congress.

Santos needs to go and so does Fetterman.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 03, 2023, 08:46 AMSantos needs to go and so does Fetterman.
It was a Republican seat with the retirement of Republican Pat Toomey. It could have stayed Republican if Donald Trump would have stayed out of it.
Picking doctor Oz was exceedingly stupid.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 03, 2023, 08:46 AMThe media has been obsessed with Santos but they neglected to report on Sen. Fetterman(D-PA), he has mental and physical problems and hasn't spent anytime in Congress.

Santos needs to go and so does Fetterman.
Yet another false equivalency. Santos has shown himself to be a compulsive liar who misrepresented his entire background to the voters and apparently even scammed a disabled veteran.

Fetterman suffered a stroke before being elected and is now apparently in treatment for clinical depression. As far as we know he didn't lie to the voters, who elected him knowing that he'd had the stroke.

Now he's got a mental health issue and you think that disqualifies him from holding office? Man, I thought that in this day and age, we'd be past discriminating on the basis of illness or disability but I guess not.

Romanticlover

Fetterman is not fit to serve in Congress.
As for Dr Oz, it turns out he has a house in PA and lives there at least six months a year so that makes him a resident.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Mar 04, 2023, 05:48 AMAs for Dr Oz, it turns out he has a house in PA and lives there at least six months a year so that makes him a resident.
Setting the residency issue aside, the guy was an arrogant jerk that scammed people with bogus supplement recommendations.

Romanticlover

Quote from: HighStepper on Mar 05, 2023, 12:26 AMSetting the residency issue aside, the guy was an arrogant jerk that scammed people with bogus supplement recommendations.

That may be so but he's a medical doctor and had a successful TV show for 20 years, he's a self-made millionaire.
Fetterman on the other hand inherited his wealth and lived an unhealthy lifestyle which gave him a stroke.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

If you watch oz for a while.
You would know he just pushed a different produce every day.
No real medical advise.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

House Republicans made a resolution to expel George Santos(R-NY):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNOhIJRZnA

It's about time.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 26, 2023, 05:57 PMHouse Republicans made a resolution to expel George Santos(R-NY):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNOhIJRZnA

It's about time.
Factual 3:32 minute video about Rep. Anthony D'Esposito (R-NY) introduces a resolution to expel Rep. George Santos (R-NY) from the House of Representatives.

If the resolution comes to the floor for a vote, possibly sometime next week,  it will need a two-thirds votes from the House.