Trump ordered to pay $83.3 million for defamation suit

Started by Blkfyre, Jan 26, 2024, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.rawstory.com/jury-decision-trump-trial/

Jurors awarded the author and columnist $7.3 million for compensatory damages, $11 million to restore her reputation, and $65 million in punitive damages for defamatory statements Trump made against Carroll while serving as president after she accused him of raping her decades ago in a Manhattan department store dressing room. The total amount is $83.3 million,

CNN called it a "significant victory" for the defamed columnist.

Of course, Trump pulled his usual "witch hunt" excuse/tantrum:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-ridiculous-damages-verdict/

"I fully disagree with both verdicts, and will be appealing this whole Biden Directed Witch Hunt focused on me and the Republican Party," Trump wrote on Friday. "Our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon. They have taken away all First Amendment Rights. THIS IS NOT AMERICA!"

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jan 26, 2024, 02:58 PMJurors awarded the author and columnist $7.3 million for compensatory damages, $11 million to restore her reputation

What reputation, as a gold digging liar?

This award will be overturned on appeal.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

If she was raped then why didn't she file a police report?
Why aren't there any eye-witnesses or security footage of this alleged rape?

Every defendant has a right to defend themselves against allegations, the burden of proof lies with the plaintiff.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 26, 2024, 04:13 PMIf she was raped then why didn't she file a police report?

Every defendant has a right to defend themselves against allegations, the burden of proof lies with the plaintiff.
You're right. Trump did have a right to defend himself. He just wasn't able to do it very well.

As for not filing a police report, are you serious? How well do you think it usually goes for women who go to the police after they've been sexually assaulted?

Remember, too, this award wasn't even about sexual assault. That had already been determined by another jury. This award was about Trump's repeated defaming of his victim.

Romanticlover

I've seen photos of this woman and she's not good looking, Trump was dating supermodels back in the 90's.
Why would he rape someone in a dressing room in a high-end department store.

Come on man, the whole thing is ridiculous.

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 26, 2024, 04:57 PMI've seen photos of this woman and she's not good looking, Trump was dating supermodels back in the 90's.
Why would he rape someone in a dressing room in a high-end department store.

Come on man, the whole thing is ridiculous.
How out of touch can one guy be in the same thread? A sociopath like Trump assaults a woman for the adrenaline rush of power, not because he thinks she's hot. (Though, to be fair, she's 80 now, and this was decades ago.)

zoezane

ha ha ha, the rapist Big Defame Mouth of Trump pays up for grab them by the pussy.  Trump gets highly charged raping women and teenagers.  Trump-Epstein-Ghislaine all rapist predators, he never saw E. Jean Carrolls beauty (poor excuse), he only saw a hole to hurt deeply.  It's his right to do so because I can do anything I want to anybody.  I will hurt my magas is they don't kiss my ass like Hitler.  Magas live in a lot of fear of their evil cult leader.

Trump is the political witch hunter.  I watched a video on Trump diapers that are changed 3 times a day.  I wonder how many magas would change his diapers for him because they love him.  I wonder?  ha ha ha
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 26, 2024, 04:13 PMIf she was raped then why didn't she file a police report?

Case is not about rape, it's about what Trump said publicly about her. Then after he is sued and lost shoots his mouth off again.  Trump doesn't care what he says.

zoezane

Every woman has the right to defend herself against rapists (men don't like powerful women).  Reason why it don't stick, the male collective made the rules to place women in slavery to their dicks.  I don't see many men who have been raped stand up to the law.  Men won't do that since they can't be weak.  I'm looking for the words by evil orange mouth, I was raped, I'm a victim of sexual abuse.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Hobby

She will pass away before seeing a dime from Trump.  He will keep it tied up in court for years costing taxpayers money for appeals courts to review.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jan 27, 2024, 02:39 PMShe will pass away before seeing a dime from Trump.  He will keep it tied up in court for years costing taxpayers money for appeals courts to review.
He'll probably be dead, too. But at some point down the line, his estate will have to pay her estate.

zoezane

Donald Trump mistakes photo of E Jean Carroll for Marla Maples in a sworn video deposition. So much for her "not being his type or not good looking Carroll".  He's losing his mind and dragging his left leg.  This guy is going down, his health is really wasted like his mind. 
and the economy is getting better.............. S&P is way up and inflation is going down.

The deed to Mar a Largo is now E. Carroll, too funny.  Trump has never done a honest thing in his life.  He's the most vile human on the planet, he's going down.  Magas better prepare themselves 4 biggest let down.

I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Danno

Quote from: Hobby on Jan 27, 2024, 02:39 PMShe will pass away before seeing a dime from Trump.  He will keep it tied up in court for years costing taxpayers money for appeals courts to review.
Trump has to pay the court now and they hold the money until after appeal. He already paid the 5 million.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

A jury after a court trial found Trump guilty of putting his fingers into E. Jean Carroll's vagina against her will. If a man did that to my mother, wife, daughter I would want to kill him. I guess MAGA men are not that protective of their women.

As to type, Zoezane's post pointed out that Trump misidentified, in a deposition, E. Jean Carroll as he ex wife Marla Maples. Trump's type is vulnerable women.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

I guess Democrats aren't protective of their women either, ever heard of Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein?
They both were huge Democrat donors.
Are we having fun yet?