FBI Agents Reportedly Looked For Nuclear Documents In Search Of Trump’s Home

Started by Blkfyre, Aug 11, 2022, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-search-nuclear-classified-documents/index.html

"It's unclear what kinds of nuclear documents were sought or whether the FBI actually found any nuclear records, the Post wrote, citing unnamed sources.

The possibility that sensitive federal records were brought to Mar-a-Lago after Trump left office has raised concerns for months: The National Archives said six months ago a trove of records recovered from Mar-a-Lago earlier this year included "classified national security information," and the Post reported in February some of those documents were so sensitive that the government can't even describe them publicly."

So, Trump did remove documents including classified documents, SOME of which were returned months ago. The recent raid means that they didn't think they got all of them.

HighStepper

Quote from: Blkfyre on Aug 11, 2022, 07:05 PM...The recent raid means that they didn't think they got all of them.

Allies of Donald Trump believe an aide provided evidence to the FBI about what Trump was keeping in his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Aug 11, 2022, 08:59 PMAllies of Donald Trump believe an aide provided evidence to the FBI about what Trump was keeping in his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Link
And, to me at least, the information must have been given to the FBI quite recently. Otherwise why the time lapse between the June 3rd meeting at Mar-a-Lago and the execution of the search warrant?

Also, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that one of the secret service guys was the tipster.

dogwalker

I'm confused though.   If the nature of the documents is so unknown then how is it that they are called nuclear documents.....or is that just more speculation by those that know nothing.

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Aug 11, 2022, 09:33 PMI'm confused though.  If the nature of the documents is so unknown then how is it that they are called nuclear documents.....or is that just more speculation by those that know nothing.
It's more than speculation. It's according to reporting by the Washington Post, whose reporters got the information from sources "familiar with the investigation."

That doesn't mean it's the final word on the matter, and we still don't know details. But if the reporting is to be believed some of the materials were related to nuclear programs in some way.

Hobby

This is nothing but speculation no basis in fact as to what they were after.  Whatever it was had to be serious to get the FBI to raid a former Pres home... Trump was shocked and never thought Wray had the balls to do something like this... Trump knows what they were looking for but won't say. Instead, he is just spouting his mouth off making false allegations to stir up his base and supporters...

dogwalker

Sources lie.  Also I would not trust journalists to convey what a source said accurately. 

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Aug 11, 2022, 09:52 PMSources lie.  Also I would not trust journalists to convey what a source said accurately.

This why it is good to fact check the credibility for factual reporting of a news media source.
Sources are vetted and they usually don't rely on just one source.

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Aug 11, 2022, 09:52 PMSources lie.  Also I would not trust journalists to convey what a source said accurately.
It's good to be skeptical. I am. But the Post has a good track record with both their sources and their journalists. How do you think we found out about Watergate?

Danno

the document are buried with Ivana at the golf course. why else would she need 10 pallbearers.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

What will be interesting to see what the response is to the fact that a subpoena was given and they did find classified material and removed it.

Right now conservative commentators are seriously skipping that part still whipping the base up without saying that he had committed a crime before, one that if it were you or me we'd be in jail already.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/fbi-search-trump-mar-a-lago-08-12-22/index.html

Ohio Rep. Mike Turner, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, urged at a news conference on Friday that Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray explain "the imminent national security threat upon which they based their decision" to search former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago home and for more information regarding an informant that reportedly helped the FBI.

"There were many other options available to them," Turner said. "We believe that after the release today that these questions will still remain unanswered."

Turner praised Garland for requesting that the search warrant and property receipt from the search be unsealed, but he criticized the FBI's "method" in searching the former president's Florida home.

"We're very concerned of the method that was used in raiding Mar-a-Largo in the nine hours that transpired while they were in the former president's home," said Turner. "We are glad that Attorney General Garland has begun the process of releasing some of the information to the American public."
"But it will still leave many unanswered questions," he added.
Turner said the Republicans would send a letter to Wray today asking about an informant who reportedly gave a tip to investigators about the possibility of additional classified documents at the Palm Beach club.

"We are also very concerned about the disturbing reports that there was an informant, perhaps somebody even undercover, at Mar-a-Lago or around former President Donald Trump," said Turner. "What is the relationship between the FBI and the person that has reportedly been utilized in this process?"

Law enforcement informants is neither new or unusual. They use them ALL THE TIME. You can see the deflection already beginning wanting to waste money investigating that while handwaving what Trump did away.

Blkfyre

The 1978 Presidential Records Act, which requires presidents to turn over documents to the National Archives at the end of their administration, lacks an enforcement mechanism, but there are multiple federal laws regarding the handling of classified documents. Trump signed one such law in 2018, increasing the penalty for "unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material" from one year to five years in prison.

Which, is hilarious 🙂

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/white-house-records-taken-trump-contained-classified-information-natio-rcna16890

By the way, you will note, this is an article from Feb, so there is NO DOUBT he did remove the material.

Moss said one of the laws that prosecutors could theoretically bring to bear against Trump is 18 U.S. Code § 793 — "Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information."

The law penalizes "Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book ... or note relating to the national defense" who "through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed." It also penalizes someone who "willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it."

Moss said one of the laws that prosecutors could theoretically bring to bear against Trump is 18 U.S. Code § 793 — "Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information."

The law penalizes "Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book ... or note relating to the national defense" who "through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed." It also penalizes someone who "willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it."

Danno

the Fucker even took all the gift from leaders of other countries. they are not his to keep
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: bligslickEnjoy your lunacy of leftism. When credible evidence is presented, Trump's supporters, that includes me, will concede. If it's all this look over here business... who gives a shit!? CNN reports... fuck cnn. If Trump is as bad as the lefties say he is, convict him!  Until then, all I see is people wound up in emotional arguments citing their side's websites.  Let's see where this lands. I'll be in line to say I was a fool. IF, I can be convinced. If it's just emotional arguments? Please go BBBJCIM someone with similar thinking.  IF, I can be convinced that I was wrong all along, I have 300$ And my apology towards some lefties funds to get a HHR in these Biden economic times... if that day comes, feel free to setup a poll for which lefty I should donate my $300 towards. If subsequently it's found out to be BS, I'd expect at least one lefty to donate $300 towards the opposite.

Key phrase.  Convince me. If you truly believe that I won't be objective, then you're already too far gone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-mar-lago-search-warrant-property-receipt-show-agents-found-trove-rcna42793

"The property receipt of items recovered by FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort shows that agents recovered a trove of top secret and other heavily classified documents."

There you go, definitive proof as you wanted, what do you think now?

HighStepper

Remember at Mar-a-Lago, on two different occasions Chinese national women, Yujing Zhang, and Lu Jing, caught taking pictures in prohibited areas.
Lying to federal officers and trespassing were both sentenced to prison. Mar-a-Lago is not a secure enough facility to keep Top Secret Documents.

• Trump knowingly took documents he had no right to have.
  • Upon request by subpoena he gives some of the documents back. Resists giving back other documents.
  • FBI through legal means goes and gets these documents.
The MAGA Maniacs are pissed off at the FBI. Seriously?
Love Love x 1 View List